Menu
briancarson1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Courier Failed to deliver V+ box

I waited in all day yesterday {3/5/2016} for a Courier to deliver a replacement V+ box received a text from VM at 11.00 'it'll will arrive soon'

so I stayed close to my Front Door and No Courier arrived

so when will this arrive ? as its very inconvenient to stay in for a second day with no real confidence that it will ever arrive.

I live very close to the M25 and A10 so its not as if I live in a remote area.

Please explain - When VM use the word ' Soon ' how many hours is that meant to be ?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Courier Failed to deliver V+ box

Hi briancarson1,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've had some trouble getting replacement equipment delivered. 

As we no longer actively sell V+ boxes or manufacture them, any replacements will be a reconditioned box and are only replaced via Engineers. 

When we try to send a replacement V+ box via a Quickstart option, it will automatically default to a V HD Box. 

Before you choose to leave us, give us one last chance to put this right. Give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they can arrange for an engineer to be sent with a replacement box. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
briancarson1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

called virgin up today - they blamed Yodel but when I pushed them for a time ' they called Yodel and they claim it has not arrived from Virgin '

so it may take 24 hours before it reaches them or it may take 48 hours - and then so many hours for Yodel to get it to me

so it may arrive ' sometime Friday or Saturday or next week - 

Very poor Customer service and they did not explain what the hold is

They did not explain why they sent me a text ' to expect it soon ' when there was no way it could have arrived yesterday.

I have other things to do with my time than waiting in for box ' that was not even sent out '

0 Kudos
dangie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ditto

I was expecting a TiVo box by courier yesterday. At 1056hrs I received a text from VM saying "delivery's been delayed by things beyond our control. It'll arrive soon".

When........?????

0 Kudos
briancarson1
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

dangie wrote:

Ditto

I was expecting a TiVo box by courier yesterday. At 1056hrs I received a text from VM saying "delivery's been delayed by things beyond our control. It'll arrive soon".

When........?????

virgin claim that when they use the word soon - that is not meant to mean a time - you may be in the same boat ' they claim that ' the message ' should give a morning or afternoon time slot ' although they did not mention this when I first reported my box not working.

call them up and check as your box may not have reached Yodel yet.

0 Kudos
briancarson1
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

well annoyed

V+ HD box did not arrive but they sent a Virgin V HD box which of course does not have a hard drive

so I am paying £65.33 for a V HD box { XL } and 20 MB broadband { no telephone line } and no one mentioned to me they would not be sending a V+ HD box - they claim ' there is none available '

Virgin 'claimed its a Upgrade ' - are they joking ?

Customer service is a joke being switched to India where they have such strong accents that I had to keep asking them to repeat what they were saying.

well I have been messed about with enough so I will be leaving soon as without a V+ HD box there is no point staying and I have no interest in TiVo.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi briancarson1,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've had some trouble getting replacement equipment delivered. 

As we no longer actively sell V+ boxes or manufacture them, any replacements will be a reconditioned box and are only replaced via Engineers. 

When we try to send a replacement V+ box via a Quickstart option, it will automatically default to a V HD Box. 

Before you choose to leave us, give us one last chance to put this right. Give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they can arrange for an engineer to be sent with a replacement box. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
briancarson1
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi briancarson1,

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

thanks for that - I have sent you a PM which will explain my situation asking you to book a engineer as I have a problem when speaking on the phone.

0 Kudos