Menu
ryansm
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Contract on bundles

I'm  thinking of leaving Sky and coming over to Virgin, mainly as my son is constantly complaining about their broadband speed! The package that most fits my needs is the Kahuna Sports that's currently 40 for 9 months and then 80 for 9 months plus the line rental.

Am I right in thinking that Virgin still does the yearly rental in advance to enable a little saving and am I also correct in thinking that the contract terms mean I have to stay on the Kahuna Sports package for the full 18 months ie I wouldn't  be able to downgrade if I get sick of football!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Contract on bundles

The initial contract is for 18 months, but most people can downgrade after 12 months without penalties. There are no penalties if you upgrade at any time in the period. Line Rental Saver is non-refundable, so once the cooling-off period has expired, you wont get any money back.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
NickNewark
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You are correct, you can pay your line rental upfront, you will save money. Not to sure about changing the package, i would think you could downgrade your channels, without penalty, as long as you aren't cancelling a service. Can anyone confirm this?

ryansm
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply - I'll wait for the right offer to come along and take the plunge!

NickNewark wrote:

You are correct, you can pay your line rental upfront, you will save money. Not to sure about changing the package, i would think you could downgrade your channels, without penalty, as long as you aren't cancelling a service. Can anyone confirm this?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The initial contract is for 18 months, but most people can downgrade after 12 months without penalties. There are no penalties if you upgrade at any time in the period. Line Rental Saver is non-refundable, so once the cooling-off period has expired, you wont get any money back.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile