Menu
Fudgee
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Contract end & offers question

Hi my contract is coming to an end this month, I already have some offers and upgrades showing in my account, but they are not very good and don't interest me compared to new customer offers, are the offers likely to change when my contract ends? Giving me more choices to stay with virgin?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract end & offers question

Strictly speaking your contract does not "end". Once you have reached the end of the minimum period you continue on your current package & terms on a one month rolling basis. The offers therefore do not change, so if you are happy with the price you are paying you need do nothing. Prices tend to increase once or twice a year, so if you feel you are getting less value then ring Retentions (150 option 4 then 5) & go through your options.

All offers that are available to new customers should be available to existing customers less the fixed period joining discount.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Fudgee
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well it seems if I were a new customer I would get a far better offer than I would as a customer of yours for years, I have rang and discussed this but it seems if I leave and go with another provider for 6 months then I would be able to get the benefits of returning to virgin with a far better deal, what I don't understand is why you can offer new customers a fixed price for 12 months but only your current customers 6 months at a fixed price that costs more for the same package to your current customers e.g. fun package at £49 for 12 months new customers, but... Current customers £51 for 6 months then £60 there after.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New customers will always get a better deal, whether its telco operators, insurance companies or energy companies. These companies consider a small hit to their profits is worth it to gain new customers. They are never going to offer the same deal to the x Million customers they already have.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos