Menu
greenj5
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Construction team issues

Hi,

I moved house on the 15th July and was due to have cable installed on the 16th July.

I received a text in the evening of the 15th to say that my installation had been cancelled due to faulty cables which now required construction work to fix.

I was given a 2-4 week lead time to fix and am currently now at the end of the 4 week period (today is the 11th August) and am none the clearer on when the construction work will be complete and when i will get my services.

I am without BB, phone and TV and cannot go on with this indefinitely.  I am experiencing the same issues here as other posters - lack of communication, excuses about permits or additional work and essentially no visibility from Virgin on when the work will actually be done or not even regular updates on what activities are planned and whats happening.

I am concerned that the general thread appears to be that the construction work ends up taking months (3-6 months) and not 4 weeks and this is simply unacceptable.  If Virgin cannot gaurantee a 4 week turn around they should be honest about the process, likely challenges and the potential risk for extended timescales so that customers can make an informed decision rather than being convinced to keep hanging on as completion of the construction work is just around the corner.

I've contacted the Construction and pre-install teams and get the same rubbish and non commitment on dates - I'd like someone on here to attempt to clarify the situation as come next week I think I#m going to lose patient, cancel and go to SKY TV.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Construction team issues

Its the downside of VM having their own network, & I always try to encourage switchers to overlap their existing suppliers services with Virgin, although I understand in your case this is not possible.

Most of the time these problems are permit release issues, for which telecoms companies do not get priority unlike electricity, gas & water companies do.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
greenj5
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yes i expect it is a combination of permit and unexpectwd issues but Im learning this from the forums.

The official virgin line is its 2-4 weeks and there wont be any issues so understanderably you start to feel that you are being strung along.

I spoke to the construction team last week and they stated that the pit was damaged and needed replacing and that it didnt require a permit as they didnt need to dig up the road. This made things worse from my perspective and as they are now making out that the work needed is quite straightforward yet we are at the 4 week point and still no news.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi greenj5

Thanks for getting in touch with us on the forums about the construction delay and thanks for joining us on the community too.

I appreciate the delay in getting installed has been advised and that this is the end of the lead time you were advised. To that end I have spoken to the construction team for you and they have advised that they are going to try to give you a call later on today with an update once they have confirmed if the work has been completed. I'm back in myself at 7pm tonight so if you don't hear back from them this afternoon, please let me know and I'll chase this again with them for you later when I'm back in again.

Speak soon Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi greenj5

I've just heard from my colleague in construction that she was able to speak to a listed contact from your account for you about this on the phone and will be contacting either yourself or them again on Wednesday with further updates.

Please keep us posted on the forums in regards to this and if you need any further support, just let us know Smiley Happy

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos