Menu
sools
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Connection problems (Err11 and Err13) with old VM box

We have had intermittent problems getting Err11 and Err13 (no connection) on our old Vbox (it's a few years old, labelled Samsung.)

Sometimes when it's switched on it works, sometimes not. It can sometimes be OK, then when it's been in use for a while it goes off.  Like today it has given up half way through watching some catch up TV: the picture and sound deteriorated and then it gave up. 

First time it happened we did a reset using the service on this web site but that did not make a difference. Nor does switching it off and on again. Disconnecting and reconnecting/tightening the cable input lead, but that hasn't worked today.

Please can someone look at it, it seems to be a box connection issue (though could be our input to the house) - suspect the box is at the end of its life?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connection problems (Err11 and Err13) with old VM box

It does as if it's deteriorating rather rapidly, so I'd suggest having a chat with the Faults Team.

You'll get an immediate response if you give them a ring on 150 [VM phone] / 0345 454 1111 [non-VM phone] (from 08:00 until midnight, every day), or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page to initiate a live chat (from 08:00 until 20:00, Monday to Saturday)

This is primarily a user community forum and while the VM forum team do endeavour to read and, where appropriate, respond to every thread, it can take them from a few days to a couple of weeks to wade through the volume of posts. So for an technical issue, which this seems to be, your best line of inquiry is through the Faults team via the methods above.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It does as if it's deteriorating rather rapidly, so I'd suggest having a chat with the Faults Team.

You'll get an immediate response if you give them a ring on 150 [VM phone] / 0345 454 1111 [non-VM phone] (from 08:00 until midnight, every day), or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page to initiate a live chat (from 08:00 until 20:00, Monday to Saturday)

This is primarily a user community forum and while the VM forum team do endeavour to read and, where appropriate, respond to every thread, it can take them from a few days to a couple of weeks to wade through the volume of posts. So for an technical issue, which this seems to be, your best line of inquiry is through the Faults team via the methods above.

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
sools
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice, in the past this forum worked well to raise support calls but I can understand that's evolved now.

I have now decided to treat this as a package upgrade thing rather than a fault, i.e. get a new box, so have sorted it direct with the call centre.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

sools wrote:

Thanks for the advice, in the past this forum worked well to raise support calls but I can understand that's evolved now.

The Forum Team can still raise the faults, but it could take a week for a response atm, so always best to ring in unless it really isn't urgent Smiley Happy

Glad you've got things sorted! TiVo box, or V6?

0 Kudos