Menu
desk
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Connecting to a Virgin TV Box wirelessly

I want to know if it is possible to wirelessly connect my virgin TV box to my Smart TV

Why?   I want to move my TV to a new location - but running a cable this location is not a practical proposition.  

My current box is a very old Samsung Virgin box

Is there a  different box I can get, or some sort of add-on that will allow me to connect to my TV by WiFi or Bluetooth (The TV will be approximately 3m away from where the current virgin box is placed)?   

Will Virgin Anywhere connect with a smart TV?   Can you watch channels in HD via Virgin Anywhere?    

How about connecting via a Firestick or Android TV or AppleTV?

What I want to be able to do is to continue watching terrestrial channels in HD - and that is pretty much it.    Which is another way of saying that I am looking for a lowish cost option - preferably a one off cost rather than a recurring cost.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting to a Virgin TV Box wirelessly

No, the only thing you can do is get some sort of video sender.. however HDMI ones are very expensive

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting to a Virgin TV Box wirelessly

Wireless video senders that are HD compatible wil cost you several hundred pounds. You will also have to ensure they work with content protection, of which the TiVO is very fussy.

TV Anywhere is deliberately designed to be difficult if not impossible to use on a standard TV (it stops people renting second boxes, so would lose VM income).

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos