Menu
shezza73
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Connecting to 4k smart tv

Hello, I have recently purchased my first ever smart TV. I currently use a standard Virgin V Box which before was connected to my last TV by a scart lead. This new TV does not have a scart lead connection so does this mean I Can no longer use this v box? Any help/advice would be gratefully received... please bear in mind I'm a total tech novice.

Thank you 😉

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connecting to 4k smart tv

You will need to upgrade your box as you must be on an older package I would phone retentions and see what they can offer you

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You will need to upgrade your box as you must be on an older package I would phone retentions and see what they can offer you

shezza73
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much. Would make sense that I'm on an older package. I joined 8 years ago and haven't changed anything since.

0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

While you're waiting to get that sorted, assuming that your new TV has AV inputs you could get a scart to phono lead from Amazon or electrical store (you might even find one in Asda).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SCART-Phono-Cable-Audio-Switchable/dp/B000Q8L49C/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=148...

shezza73
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

oh thank you. I will check the TV outputs. If that works I may just leave it as that as to be honest I'm more than happy with my current virgin package, thank you very much

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

shezza73 wrote:

oh thank you. I will check the TV outputs. If that works I may just leave it as that as to be honest I'm more than happy with my current virgin package, thank you very much

Then you've completely wasted your money on a 4K TV....

If you've not phoned up and renegotiated any form of change to your contract for 8 years, then you'll be paying significantly over the odds for the incredibly low level of service you're receiving.

In terms of the picture quality, your V-box will be outputting roughly 20x fewer pixels than your TV is capable of displaying, so you're missing out on quite a lot.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
shezza73
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Okay, thank you

I will give them a call tomorrow to see. perhaps its time to try and renegotiate .

My current package is £56.00. This includes my medium TV package, broadband at 70mbps and weekend calls with line rental.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

shezza73 wrote:

My current package is £56.00. This includes my medium TV package, broadband at 70mbps and weekend calls with line rental.

To put into context the age of your package, I've just checked the bundle builder for a new starter:
Mix TV (Which I think is one level above M), 100Mbps broadband, Talk More Weekends, SuperHub, brand new 4K capable V6 box.
£45/mth for the first 12 months, £56/mth thereafter.

While you may not get the initial discount, even after that period it's still no more than you're paying right now.

Obviously there may be some horse trading to do regarding the discount/installation/activation fees, but certainly there's no reason you should still be paying that much for the service you're receiving.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
shezza73
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much for your help and doing a comparison. I will be calling tomorrow for sure.

0 Kudos