Menu
joehill
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Connecting Virgin box, DVD rcorder and TV

Hi, I am having TVIO installed next week, but I have some programmes on the Virgin + Box that I want to copy to some VR-R discs. But I have forgotten how to connect the TV, Virgin + & the DVD recorder, I have tried every way to connect them using the Panasonic manual but it just will not record them to D. I can play all the DVD's that I own even the ones that I recorded a couple of years ago. I think I am missing something that is glaringly obvious, but it is doing my head in not being able to see it. Could someone please help me how I should be connecting them correctly as there are some recordings of a couple of my grandchildren copied of the TV that I really would like to keep.

Thanks Mac

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting Virgin + box DVD rcorder & TV

hiya @joehill if you could take a look at -> http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=171300&CURRENT...
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The common mistake that is made is using the wrong SCART on the back of the V+.

If you are using HDMI to connect to the TV only the VCR SCART (the top one) on the Samsung V+ will work.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
joehill
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul & Nod, I have tried the method you said but no luck. I selected a smallest programme I recorded to the V + box but it copied the " Tipping Point " from ITV 1 that was playing in the background onto my DVD instead. But even then the picture was poor. Thank you both for the advice, tomorrow I will take the connection cables out of their sockets & replace them one by one & give it another go. Thanks again Mac 

0 Kudos