Menu
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Connect Tivo to Superhub

Here's the scenario. A friend already has a Virgin phone and broadband, can a Tivo box be connected to the Superhub coax via a splitter to receive the channels (self installed) or does the Tivo need its own cable feed put in by Virgin installer?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connect Tivo to Superhub

It can be installed via a splitter but the introduction of the splitter will change the power level to the Superhub and may put it out of the normal operation range.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It can be installed via a splitter but the introduction of the splitter will change the power level to the Superhub and may put it out of the normal operation range.

0 Kudos
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Think I've answered by own question. If it's any help to anyone else then, yes it can be done, I guess all the necessary cables/splitter come with the Tivo box for self-installation. Here are the instructions:

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CB=1000000003&Q2-5-1000001974=Quickstart&Q...

0 Kudos
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ernie. So it can be a self-install as Virgin's quick install instructions which I found, but assume you may need an engineer to sort the power levels if it's not working right?

0 Kudos
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

PS: Would the pre-dual channel "not so" superhub be capable of handling 200mbps broadband or would the hub need replacing too?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi C_J_W,

Welcome to the Community!

Glad to hear you've sorted that out and thanks for posting a helpful link for others!

I've had a peek at your account and I can see your power levels are all looking great at the moment. Also, the Superhub you currently have is more than capable of handling 200Mbps.

Keep an eye on it and give me a shout if you get any trouble.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Shuffer
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh, you may be able to help me. I already had Virgin Broadband and wanted to add TV. I installed the box as per the instructions, but although the TV box works, the internet does not.

The router powers on as usual and I get the solid green light and WiFi symbol, but ‘internet’ flashes beneath it. I still see the network on my devices, but when I try to connect, it takes me to a log in screen briefly before going to the big troubleshooting button page.

Customer support have tried to remotely fix the problem to no avail and I have swapped all the cables around as per their instructions. I have tried it without the Forward Path Attenuator, or with it on the router, or with it attached to the splitter, but no luck.
0 Kudos