Menu
Thomgirl
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Connect Scart to hdmi???

Hi sorry if daft question. I have just got a new Samsung tv which only has hdmi connections and a virgin box that only has Scart. I've been told Scart to hdmi cables from eBay aren't safe/legal. Any advice?
Thanks

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connect Scart to hdmi???

upgrade your Virginbox. Call VM and see if you can get a HD box. if you only have scart your on a very old box and mgiht get a new one free or cheaper then your paying now
Jes1
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Seriously, do what 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The cost of the analogue to digital converter would be twice the price of you replacing the old V box with a VHD. Also your new TV is Full HD, if not at least HD Ready. You can't get access to the HD channels on Virgin (which you are already paying for) without a VHD or TiVO box.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Jayleen
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Actually Amazon sell a box "SCART +HDMI to HDMI converter" at £24.40 which is quite good . I was using one up until I got TiVo . You just put the scart in one side and the HDMI out the other . Converts various other things too .

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

upgrade your Virginbox. Call VM and see if you can get a HD box. if you only have scart your on a very old box and mgiht get a new one free or cheaper then your paying now
Jes1
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Seriously, do what 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The cost of the analogue to digital converter would be twice the price of you replacing the old V box with a VHD. Also your new TV is Full HD, if not at least HD Ready. You can't get access to the HD channels on Virgin (which you are already paying for) without a VHD or TiVO box.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Jayleen
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Actually Amazon sell a box "SCART +HDMI to HDMI converter" at £24.40 which is quite good . I was using one up until I got TiVo . You just put the scart in one side and the HDMI out the other . Converts various other things too .

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thomgirl,

Thank you for your posting and letting the Community know, I can see this is the first time here so welcome in Smiley Happy

I can see you've had some helpful advice and calling in to get a swap to a newer model would be the best option as suggested by apcyberax Smiley Happy Let us know how you got on, we'd all love to know Smiley Happy

If there's anything that I can do or one of the team in regards to any additional info then pop it over Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos