Menu
carpii
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Confused about price of upgrading to Big Kahuna bundle

I currently pay £60.07 a month for VIVID 200 broadband, and Talk Weekends Phone. No discounts or introductory periods are being applied to this.

I don't have a TV package, so I'm considering adding one, the most sensible bundle for me would be Big Kahuna. 

On the Virgin website, its advertising Big Kahuna for a discounted £59.99 p/m for 18 months, reverting to £72.99 p/m

But when I go into My Account and look at the 'custom deals' its offering me, to add Big Kahuna to my account, its quoting £82.07 p/m for 12 months, reverting to £118.62 p/m

Thats quite a difference considering upgrading to Big Kahuna would leave my Broadband and Phone package identical to what they already are now. 

Why such a big discrepancy in price?

It seems like these great offers being shown in My Account, are actually very poor offers in return for my loyalty Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Confused about price of upgrading to Big Kahuna bundle

Ive no idea why the "your offers" bit is showing you a different price- it may well have the wrong information for your account on the backend.

What I do know is if you are out of contract, you can sign up for the big kahuna for the advertised price of 72.99 a month.

Youll need to ring em up on 150 to do it- remember you will be entering into a new 12 month contract.

0 Kudos
carpii
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kippies,

The discounted price of 59.99, is that just available to people who are brand new to Virgin (ie, I wouldn't qualify even though Im brand new to TV service?)

I will give them a ring anyway, I'm probably ok with the 72.99 price, I just didn't want to get stiffed because of some database discrepancy :-)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yup unfortunately you don't qualify as you are an existing customer.

BUT

Negotiation is the key. Phone em on 150, thinking of leaving us- if you get off shore, hang up try again. When you get on shore (office hours are best), tell them about that deal Mr SKY has going for his spangly new Q system and how that got you to thinking maybe you would be better off with all your stuff in one place. You will likely land a few quid off as a loyalty discount in return for a 12 month contract.. Only a few quid, but every little helps and that.

0 Kudos