Menu
HollieHayday
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Compliant-shocking service

I honestly cannot believe I am resorting to complaining on a forum. It is clearly impossible to reach anyone that has any sort of understanding what great customer service is.
What shocked me more then anything is the amount of complaints I am reading!

Virgin media has the worse customer service, and for a large company you think looking after their customers should be a priority. But the team are trained on reading a script and not actually trained on solving the issue.

I am a new virgin customer (previously with sky) and I have had one issue after another.
My partner and I signed up to virgin through the website and selected a bundle and everything was great. We then received an e-mail from a gentlemen called Amol. He asked us to contact him in regards to our package. So we did, and he was helpful and polite and informed we would need to get permission from the landlord, building manager and the tenants downstairs. This was all new to me, and a massive issue as we had just moved in- and had no details. But we got on with it and everything was fine. After a few days Amol called and said we would need to check if we could actually have Virgin installed. So we went through all that hassle to then be told we might not even be able to have it? But fine, we arrange a date for him to come, with my landlord, to check.

Amol said everything was fine and we could go ahead. My landlord was happy, and she wanted to be there when the installation happened...and this is where issues start occurring.

Amol suggested that he would give her number to the engieneer and he would called 30minutes before he arrived. This way she could pop over and not be stuck in all day. We were happy with that as we would both be at work.

Installation day: the engineer calls my partner as he is outside the door. Leaves a message then leaves. Didn't even wait 2 minutes for a call back. I know this because my neighbours were leaving their home.

My landlord gets to the property expecting a call and nothing. She call Amol who said he will chase it- and couldn't get through to the engineer all day! We were all calling and nothing. The engineer then calls at 6pm and said he might be able to get round in the next 15minutes and never arrived.

I called virgin on the Friday 16th thinking I could easily arrange another day- as they have not stuck to their promise- to be told I have to wait for another 2 weeks. So 5 weeks without anything. Not only that but Amol had booked a new date without even talking to us. I would have been left in the dark if it wasn't for me calling. The advisor on the phone was shocking. Had no sympathy and was reading off the same piece of paper. No genuine sorry, nothing. I explained I could only do a particular date as they should be working around me, not the other way around. He said to me no....I was in the wrong for not being in. My reponse was that virgin agreed for the engineer to call us. We never suggested it!
So he put me through to someone else to see what they could do.

Service got even worse...the advisor shut me down instantly. Telling me he can try and bring the date forward. But wasn't understanding I cannot just get a day off. The date I specified was the only date, and I refuse to wait another 2 weeks for their mistake.

He started to get rude with me. Once again no genuine sorry- just went around in circles because he wasn't listening to the customer needs. He asked me what I think he should do- I said provide the service on the date I can do. Again, shutting me down straight away.

Everytime I call to speak to someone the service is the same. No one wants to help you actually solve your problem. They think you'll go away as they know there is no one to conplain to.

I know I won't get a phone call trying to get the installation on the date I need it.
I am having to pay for more data on my mobile, as I have been left with nothing. And move my work life around to try and suit them, when it should be the other way around.

I am going to also write in- which is a joke itself- as virgin has is technology business but no one has access to e-mail.

I am gutted that I left sky and now regretting it as this service is unheard of in their business.
CRonfire16
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Compliant-shocking service

Firstly if I was as upset as you I would be back with sky already and not waiting on the virgin install.
Secondly I know from working with BT myself that regardless of what any customer service advisor wants to do for you they can only book slots that are available.
I know from Experiance that I have never wanted to give an irate customer with attitude a genuine appology! It would be my first instink to do so if an upset/annoyed but looking for help and KNOWING YOU HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT! To apologise and try to help as best as you can.
But if you think the agents you speak to have the facility to get you a tech on the day you requested but just for giggles are making life hard then the company and the service are not the issue here. I can guarantee every agent you've spoke to would have a much easier life/job less if s headache listening to moaning if they could physically do what you are asking.
So instead of moaning on the phone at people who are trying their best to stay calm with someone shouting at them.
Write in or email in (contact us on the website) and feedback your dissatisfaction at the wait for your tech!
Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.
0 Kudos
HollieHayday
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I completly understand where you are coming from, that the tech isn't just there. And advisors cannot just make things happen.

At the beginning I was extremely calm as I had understood that mistakes happen. However, this wasn't a customers mistake where I got the date or time wrong it was an agreement made from a sales person to an engineer. What upset me was that the advisor, over the phone, shot me straight down when I explain about the breakdown in communication- and how he said it was the customers fault. And he gave me a fair bit of attitude first when I asked about dates etc. I understand if there isn't a time slot free on that date- but I wasn't even told about any additional dates or times- just told I was stuck with the date that had been booked in for me! Which wasn't even arrange through myself.

I work in retail myself so I understand customers complaint very well and when my advisors, or store, has made a mistake it is our duty to work around the customer.

I rarely every complain as I work in the same sort of environment but to be told that it was my issue, and there was nothing that could be done- to me isn't very good service.

CRonfire16
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

yeah I totally get that, and I really hope you get it sorted soon.

If all complies gave their reps the ability to work round the customer where needed we would have a much happier country.

Maybe write in and send feedback to the rude agent you spoke with initially?

Fingers and toes are crossed for you to be all sorted soon Smiley Happy
Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.
0 Kudos
Flossy744
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

do hope yRe: Compliant-shocking service

I do hope you get something sorted soon, sounds absolutely disgusting treatment you have had.

IF YOU READ lots of the complaints on here you will see that time and time again when folk have rung in and got annoyed for whatever reason the virgin team  have just HUNG UP on them how rude is that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: do hope yRe: Compliant-shocking service

Let's be fair though. We've not had the agent's side of the story.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: do hope yRe: Compliant-shocking service

Hi HollieHayday, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here even if your journey has been less than perfect so far Smiley Sad

I'd like to apologise first that you haven't received the help or assistance you have needed which has caused you to want to make a complaint. This isn't good and I've sent feedback to the agent you spoke to and were unhappy with.

With regards to the installation date, you should have been advised that whilst the engineers make every effort to call before attending, sometimes the calls are so close together they're unable to. It is down to the account holder to ensure someone is present during the timeslot. 

If the appointment is missed, we will then book in and offer the next available appointment. If this is unsuitable then we can rearrange for a later date. This can mean you are waiting even longer for the services though. 

How have things been since you posted? Are you still having an issue finding a suitable date? Let us know as we can reschedule things here. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out