Menu
Ab5
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Complaints about Virgin

Why do we keep getting "to be announced"  on many of our TV stations on home guide. This makes it impossible to arrange recordings for future watching. We have asked this by telephone and promised it would be put right, we have also spoke on the phone about our broadband which we can only use in the room where the router is. Again nothing done. To top it all when I phoned last week to question a bill whch I had pad the lady put he phone down on me. This is disgusting and needs to be sorted. Contacting you by e mail would be good but I presume your computers could not handle the complaints.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Complaints about Virgin

For the TV guide problem try the home button then settings then network & then reconnect to the virgin network, this will take some time but you can still watch tv while the process goes ahead, follow the on screen instructions. Hope this solves it . Micky

0 Kudos
Ab5
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks so much will give it a try.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What TV box do you have?

TiVO or V+HD.

As far as your WiFi situation. If the router is giving you the correct speed via a wired connection, then it is performing to spec. All ISP provided equipment is basic on the WiFi side. If there is a lot of WiFi congestion at your location, or if the house is constructed of materials that don't pass radio signals well it makes things worse. Try the instructions to alter the WiFi channel & see if it improves performance, but the only way to improve WiFi for sure is a third party DSL router, with the SHub put in modem mode.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Ab5
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

We do not get Sky sports, or Sky movies and we no longer have Virgin mobiles due to the terrible terms we had with them. we were not told when we had WiFi put in that there would be a problem with reception.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

that would be because no one would of known wifi would be bad before it went in.
0 Kudos
Ab5
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am still a Virgin customer for TV and Broadband but not mobile user.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

For the TV guide problem try the home button then settings then network & then reconnect to the virgin network, this will take some time but you can still watch tv while the process goes ahead, follow the on screen instructions. Hope this solves it . Micky

0 Kudos
Ab5
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks so much will give it a try.
0 Kudos
honada
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I would like to confirm that the complaint procedure is by phone and there are no designated department.  I have been in touch to complain that my discount is for the duration of 6 months only and I was under the impression that it is for the full contractual period.  Although Virgin media have followed the correct contractual procedure I still feel it is a trick to get customers to sign as I have not noticed at all that my discount will stop after 6 months and to get it reinstated I have to sign for a new 12 months.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi honada

Sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with your service recently, I just wanted to let you know that you can contact the team by telephone as you've mentioned, by visiting our [contact us] page or by talking to the staff via this CommunityMan Happy

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos