Menu
Mogmia
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Complaint

For the last three weeks my elderly parents have had to turn their TV service on and off at least 3 times a day. They haven't been offered any compensation for the three weeks of disrupted service and now have to wait for another week until a technician will come out. To say that I'm appalled is being polite. Virgin offers no way to complain however of my parents manage to injure themselves using this faulty equipment I will certainly find a way. We have also contacted Ofcom to discuss how to take the complaint forward. I'm not really expecting a reply from anyone just wanted to vent really. Good luck with this company everyone I think we'll all need it!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint

Firstly I will say, your equipment is not monitored, & if any problems occur that are not network related (check the service status link above) Virgin will have no knowledge of issues unless you contact them.

Once you do contact them, if they cannot fix the problem (usually by replacing the box), then you may be able to get compensation. They will not offer compensation for faults prior to a tech visit to attempt fixing the fault. Network faults that exceed 24 hours & result in total loss of service are also claimable for compensation.

While OFCOM will give advice, they do no get involved in individual compliants. These are dealt with by CISAS:

https://www.cedr.com/cisas/

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Mogmia
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint

Hi there thanks for your reply, to date we've called 12 times and fortunately have the records as we called each time from a mobile phone so that helps. And yes probably should've said, we're putting something together with CISAS to go to Ofcom for the the complaint so fingers crossed we'll get somewhere.

Thanks again
0 Kudos