Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (98 Views)

Complaint - Use of fraudulent sales techniques and inconsiderate staff

Im appalled and disgusted that I have to pay this company for another 6 months! I receive a phone call from a virgin media rep stating he would like to offer me discounts and rewards. I said I don't want any discounts as I don't want to pay anymore and laughed! all in all he states he is going to give me 11 sky movie channels FREE he couldn't stress enough that it would be free and after 6 months the normal fee. Then he states he is going to reduce my bills from however much (he couldn't tell me) to £47 a month! I accepted, after stating numerious of times I don't want to be paying anymore and he is confirming I wont!

I then checked the email and my original bill amount and have seen I have been completely mis sold!! My bill was only £32 to begin with. Then he took my discount off and the movie package was half price! Mortified as what this man has done is AGAINST THE LAW! I called 150 customer service for the lady to say "well you've still got a discount"!! can they not see the seriousness of the situation. I spoke to another lady Irene and told her the whole ordeal and she understood and had empathy. Back and forth she was communicating with me whilst waiting for an outcome. They were waiting for the call to be listened to in the outbound call centre (where it took place) and was waiting for the manager response.

Calling back a week or so later from when I last heard, as I had no reply, I spoke to Abbey. She told me the problem has been resolved! HELLO where was my confirmation! Bearing in mind I am on a £47 package through all of this, which I categorically do not want to pay, even if I could afford it. I tell Abbey again everything and she puts me on hold and tells me she is going to transfer me to her manager Donna.

Finally I am going to speak to someone who knows how to deal with customers, empathy, understanding, seeing how wrong their actions are. Well how wrong was I! She states Irene was wrong and may even lose her job over it (long and short) but I will not hear feedback from that. as they do not listen to recordings,  they are purely for training purposes. Now you tell me if that sales man needs training??!! The notes states exactly how it was on my email and they will go on that and that purely. So basically the sales team can say whatever they want to sell the product as long as it is on the email sent its fine. So its up to us to check our bill, I understand. But I also feel I should be able to put trust into the virgin team that they are telling the truth. Do we check our receipt each time in a place we trust? I know my mum doesn't, and would have been gleaming with that phone call non the wiser that really she is paying MORE! Unfortunately I have referred her to virgin already but I have know warned her about how sneaky you can be!

So Donna empathised that Irene tried to help me in the wrong way but not about the company doing wrong, she made me feel that I was wrong in what I have said. I said about my mum and she would have been duped out of £10 pm and her reply was "that's Great!" All in all my goodwill token was putting my bill back to normal!! Thanks Virgin lovely of you!! I think that was totally disrespectful and felt like she didn't listen apart from the bit where her employee done wrong. I really hope Irene keeps her job and doesn't get in too much trouble because she was the only one who went the extra mile.

I cannot let this go, imagine how many people he has done this to and they don't know. Virgin are trying to making money of us  What is the next step I can take for this to be heard?

Joining in
Message 2 of 5 (95 Views)

Re: Complaint - Use of fraudulent sales techniques and inconsiderate staff

Make money of us, without us realising!*
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 3 of 5 (95 Views)

But you said you accepted a £47 contract.

"Then he states he is going to reduce my bills from however much (he couldn't tell me) to £47 a month! I accepted" so you was told it was £47 and you accepted.
Joining in
Message 4 of 5 (87 Views)

Ok, I will go further into the conversation. When I asked and he said I didn't know, I said you must know he said swiftly your last bill was around £55 (that is not my standard tariff as I later discovered) and carried on just as quick. He states a DEDUCTION on my bill and FREE sky movies for 6 months. I accepted, not thinking he was trying to mislead me into agreeing to something that he knew was wrong. I didn't know I had to be on my toes, get my emails up and check whilst they are on the phone, just in case the virgin staff are trying to do me over.

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 5 of 5 (71 Views)

FrustratingI know but you have zero chance of getting anywhere with this on a customer self help forum. VM staff on here are often able to help on technical​ issues but have no way of checking what a sales rep said. The official position taken by VM is always going to be based on what the email said. Sadly I think the lesson is always read the small print. At least you managed to get a reduction.
0 Kudos