Menu
Shadey
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Complaint Re Misselling

Afternoon all,

Just looking for some advice. Recently switched to VM for my TV as well as internet as Sky keep hiking up the price and never seem to add much. Factor in losing the champions league and I was debating moving etc.

I kept getting a call every month asking me to switch, and about a month ago I took them up on the offer. A few days later the kit arrived, and after getting it set up I couldn't get Sky Sports etc in HD. I rang up and it turns out I hadn't been given this as part of the pack and was expected to shell out an extra £7.50 per month.

While getting the sales pitch originally I very specifically asked about this and was told that HD was included for everything.

The girl I got at the time credited me for a month, of my 18 month contract and told me to write in to complain as she could not do anything else. Having looked online since it says to call or write in so she's jsut fobbed me off. Frankly at the time of night I spoke to her I was annoyed and wanted to sit down to dinner and watch the football.

I wrote up my letter, sent it off and now 3plus weeks later I've heard nothing.

Everytime I try the online chat it's busy, and I rarely have the time to call. When I do it's out of office hours.

My core issue is I feel I've been misold a product, I want the package I was told I was getting to entice me off sky. I don't want to cancel, I quite like Virgin, the internet side has always been good, and I've got a good overall deal, I've just had an extra £7.50 slapped on top of it.

When the girl I spoke to credited me the £7.50 I asked her if it was a regular issue...she told me it was and apologised but there was nothing else she could do.

I don't want to write in again, I do not want to call in and argue while someone else tries to ignore the issue. Frankly I just want this looking into, and some of the extra money I'm not paying credited off my account.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Complaint Re Misselling

Hi there Shadey, 

Thank you for your post, and I'm really sorry to hear that you have not been getting what was first ordered. 

Due to security issues, we are unable to discuss account issues via the forums, and in matters like this just give some basic guidance, my first bit of advice would be to call in, and as you have already done this, I can understand that you may not be happy to do that again. 

I've sent you a private message, so please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You wont be surprised to hear the £7 HD "supplement" was imposed on VM by Sky, who dont like VM's policy of offering HD inclusive on its packages. Their premium channels are the only exception to this rule. Until a few months ago you could only get Sky Sports 1 & 2 in HD on VM. The rest were in SD whether you liked it or not.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Shadey
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I got told that by he girl on the phone, no suprise really.

I did point out I had been told I was getting Sky Sports in HD despite that as part of the 'deal' they were offering me.

Still cheaper than sky, but the whole thing annoys me.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there Shadey, 

Thank you for your post, and I'm really sorry to hear that you have not been getting what was first ordered. 

Due to security issues, we are unable to discuss account issues via the forums, and in matters like this just give some basic guidance, my first bit of advice would be to call in, and as you have already done this, I can understand that you may not be happy to do that again. 

I've sent you a private message, so please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Shadey
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I've seen your message.

Very helpful, I'll follow up on that today.

0 Kudos