Menu
Annie7
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Compare TV Packages

Hi

Is there a link I can click on to compare the XL and the M+ tv package?  I cannot find a list anywhere of what channels are on what package.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Compare TV Packages

As per the sticky thread at the top of this forum:

https://my.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virgoBrowse/docs/VirginMediaTVChannelGuide.pdf

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The useful channel listing is useful, but it would be nice if there was a guide for on demand.  As an example, there is ITV collections available on demand, but  what package do I need to access it?  I suspect it is Full House (XL), but it could be a more humble package.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The list also does not differentiate between the TiVO platform offering, & what is available to the legacy boxes, which now also differ significantly.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

In the small print I noted...

*The following channels will be temporary repackaged from their existing packaging to Player TV. Effective from 1 September until 1 December.

So I only get these until start December...

CBS Reality*  (+1)

Horror*  (+1)
CBS Action*
CBS Drama*

Maybe  Sky Sports Mix could be temporary repackaged to Player TV....

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

arrgee1991 wrote:

In the small print I noted...

*The following channels will be temporary repackaged from their existing packaging to Player TV. Effective from 1 September until 1 December.

So I only get these until start December...

CBS Reality*  (+1)

Horror*  (+1)
CBS Action*
CBS Drama*

Maybe  Sky Sports Mix could be temporary repackaged to Player TV....

I wondered when one of the media companies was going to offer another freebie to Virgin customers. Don't expect the same from Sky. The whole idea of Mix is to get existing Sky subscribers to upgrade to Sky Sports.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

The whole idea of Mix is to get existing Sky subscribers to upgrade to Sky Sports.

Which makes it odd that they don't provide it to those on MORE and to a lesser extent, M(player) TV.  Those with the lowest packages have a few quid spare to pay for sport ;-)    The irony is I have Sky Sports via Now TV, it's just Mix that isn't available there.  

Not much of a freebie as the channels are on Freeview.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

arrgee1991 wrote:

Which makes it odd that they don't provide it to those on MORE and to a lesser extent, M(player) TV.  Those with the lowest packages have a few quid spare to pay for sport ;-)    The irony is I have Sky Sports via Now TV, it's just Mix that isn't available there.  

You're making a fairly big assumption about the monetary flexibility of customers on the lowest TV packs!

The question is whether there are enough customers on Player TV (M) or MORE that would want to pay for Sky Sports to warrant the inclusion of Sky Sports Mix, compared with those on the higher priced tiers.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

BenMcr wrote:

arrgee1991 wrote:

You're making a fairly big assumption about the monetary flexibility of customers on the lowest TV packs!

The question is whether there are enough customers on Player TV (M) or MORE that would want to pay for Sky Sports to warrant the inclusion of Sky Sports Mix, compared with those on the higher priced tiers.

Not at all.  If you ike sports like me then you are probably quite prepared to pay for it and not bother with the multitude of kids and lifestyle channels on the higher packs.  The main reason I got cable (and satellite and OnDigital before it) was the sport, and I would rather pay £30 or so extra for that than to upgrade from Player (M) TV to Full House(XL) TV  for about the same amount.  The higher the tier you are on the less discretionary spend you have.  

I used to upgrade to M+ or More just to get Sky Sports for 30 days when it cost less to do that. I even upgrade for Eurosport for the tennis. I'd get XL soley for BT Sport, but fortunately i have an accomodating brother in law who lets me watch the rare decent game they show with him.   I get Premier Sport for £10/month for GAA during the summer. 

I am probably the type of semi-commited customer that Sport mix is aimed at rather than the hard pressed Big Kahuna subscriber who has all the channels to appease his wife and kids and just watches BT Sport.  And probably not the only one.

0 Kudos