Menu
Bagheerabaggins
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Communication error - can’t connect to Tivo

I have tried to log on to Virgin TV and get error message ‘Communication error There was a problem connecting to the TiVo service’

This happens on both iPad and iPhone. I have used the app in the past. I have checked my profile and says no devices registered.

I have rebooted TiVo box from mains. I have gone into settings and selected connect to virgin media service now option. I have deleted and reinstalled app and still same error message. It just won’t work. Very frustrating.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Communication error - can’t connect to Tivo

Hi Bagheerabaggins,

Welcome to the community.

I'd just like to check how things have been since your post?

I have checked your TiVo® and Superhub and I'm not detecting any issues at the moment so please let me know if you're still experiencing problems.

Thanks

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Bagheerabaggins
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I still have the same problems - always says same error - problem connecting with TiVo - on both iPad and iPhone. Also just had the upgrade to 100mbps broadband. Tested the day they said it was done and was 79 mbps - much better than the average of 30-35 getting before but now down to about 40 at most - don’t know if it’s our router which is a good few years old now. Not huge usage in house - just two adults using at most one item each at a time
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Badheerabaggins

Sorry to hear about these continued issues, can you talk us through how you've got your TiVo connected to the network? 

If it's not already, are you able to use a wired connection with an ethernet cable to see how that goes? 

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Bagheerabaggins
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It is already connected by Ethernet cable.
0 Kudos