Menu
Dongguan
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Common 4OD and Samsung smart tv problem.

I too am suffering from the 4OD, Superhub and Samsung smart tv problem. I read that there is a solution. Please e-mail.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Common 4OD and Samsung smart tv problem.

Hi Dongguan,

I see you've just joined us so please accept our welcome to this Forum Smiley Happy

Apologies though that it's this issue with 4OD/Samsung smart TV that's caused you to see us out. We are continuing to investigate this and, in the meantime,  have a workaround that should ease your vieiwing issues.

Please read my PM to you (small red envelope icon, top left of page) and keep me updated on how you get on.

By the way, if you could provide us with the model of TV you're using we'd be most appreciative.

All the best Smiley Happy

Jen

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Dongguan
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Smart tv problems

Hi Jen,
Hub arrived, is set up and the problems with the Samsung smart tv seem to have been resolved.
Many thanks
Dongguan
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Smart tv problems

Hi Dongguan,

That's great Smiley Happy

Thank you very much for taking the time to post an update and I'm genuinely pleased that it's all working well for you now.

If you do have any further issues with this, please post an update on here (or send me a PM), or, if you have any unrelated problems just start a new thread and we'll be on hand to help.

All the best Smiley Happy

Jen

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
sgalea
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am also having problems. I have a brans new Samsung smart TV and having a lot of problems with 4od. Can get BBC, ITV and channel 5 but not 4od. Can you please help.

Steph
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi sgalea,

Apologies that you too are having problems with 4OD. The investigation continues but I'll be happy to offer our workaround to you. I need a few details from you first, to ensure I'm locating the correct account details.

Please reply to my PM (small red envelope icon, top left of page) and I'll see what we can do for you.

Bye for now Smiley Happy

Jen

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
pjc12345
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

hi

I have similar issues with amazon videos - i-player is usually OK

4OD is not very good but I've read that's their app thats at fault

however running amazon videos seems to timeout and I get the message that the broadband signal is insufficient - I am running on Wifi with a samsung TV

Amazon on the iPad is fine

On previous occasions you've PM'd the reply which is no use to me! please can you advise

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

The problems reported on this thread are very specific - viewing 4OD content via a Samsung TV (or Roku box) results in the program looping back to the start, or erroring, after the first set of adverts. 

I'm not aware of any reported issue with amazon, though if there is no issue on the iPad that would imply the problem possibly lies with the Samsung TV and not the Wi-Fi.

However, the first thing I've done is to test your connection and I note an issue with low SNR on the upstream segment (affecting multiple customers), so I've escalated this to networks for investigation. The fault reference is  F004195232 and is fully noted on your account and I'll keep you notified of any updates. You'll probably notice an overall degradation in broadband performance (which will also affect, but not be unique to, wireless connectivity).

Once that fault has been fixed we'll have a better understanding of your Amazon/TV issue. But I would advise that in the interim you ensure your Samsung TV has the most up-to-date software installed :

• Click here.
  • Then select TV/Radio beneath Select Your Product Below and follow the on-screen instructions.

Sorry about this but I'm confident we'll either get this resolved if it's within our control or shall be able to point you in the right direction for support if it's not.

Bye for now Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi pjc12345,

Just wanted to let you know that fault ref: F004195232 was fixed on the 3rd of this month so there should be no further SNR related problems.

I was wondering if you'd followed my advice regarding updating your TV's firmware and if so if it cured the issues you'd been having?

Keep us updated Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos