Menu
Mike13
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Comedy Central

Am I the only one having trouble getting Comedy Central? I can get +1 just fine, but whenever I try to get CC proper, I get a message come up saying the channel is unavailable. This has been happening for a week.

0 Kudos
Porterk0208
Joining in
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Comedy Central

I am having the same problem but I am not receiving either channel.
0 Kudos
Mike13
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Some guy on Twitter I saw was saying the same thing.

I've rang the Virgin phone number who tried rebooting the channel to no success. They're going to look into it today and ring me back.

Maybe a problem with the channel.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike13,

Thanks for coming by and I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to watch Comedy Central at the moment.  

Have you heard back from us so far?

It would be great to know how you're getting on, keep me posted.

I'm here to help if you need me. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Mike13
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Nobody called me back. So I have rang back, and was on for 45 minutes. The woman I spoke to tried a few tests, and once again couldn't fix it. She said she'd escalate the problem. I informed her that had already happened, and she looked and said technical support hadn't been able to fix it, so I hadn't heard back. She is going to escalate it again.

To be honest, Comedy Central is the only channel on Large that I watch. So if the helpline don't work something out soon, I might as well downgrade to M+

0 Kudos
Porterk0208
Joining in
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Same here. I really wanted comedy central. That, along with history and sky1, is all I wanted. I am still unable to receive the channel.
0 Kudos
Mike13
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I've received Comedy Central for four years, and suddenly it's just vanished off my package. Weirdly the +1 is still there.

I've rang Virgin Media twice, and they've not been able to do anything about it. They keep promising somebody will phone me back, but they don't.

The thing is, in trying to see if there was a way I could solve this problem online I have noticed that every other channel that I watch is on the M+ package, so if they don't fix it soon I'm going to downgrade. If Virgin had fixed this problem straight away, I'd have probably never noticed that. If they don't sort it out soon, I'll be forced to downgrade purely because I am paying for a channel that Virgin refuses to give me.

0 Kudos
Porterk0208
Joining in
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I am on the M+ package and no comedy central. Yet for the first week I had it installed, it was there. I only noticed when south park was not recording
0 Kudos
Mike13
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I have got somebody round next weekend to investigate.

That only took me three phone calls to the helpline.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Mike13, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you still have not had this issue resolved, and I guess that is why a technician has been booked for you, Apologies that it took several calls to get this sorted for you. Please let me know how it all goes with the technician. 

PorterK0208, 

I'm sorry to say that Comedy Central is not available in the M+ package, it starts in the L package, and upwards, if this channel is something that you really want, why not give our customer service team a bell on 150 or 0345 454 1111 so they can do a little check on the account to see if there is a way we add this channel for you and save you some money. 

Apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos