Menu
mpatric
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Comedy Central - TiVo recording incorrect shows

We've set up some shows to record (on our TiVo) on Comedy Central, but when coming to watch them, it's actually something else (for example, it recorded Friends instead of Impractical Jokers). Is this just Comedy Central running things at the wrong time, or does Virgin have the wrong schedule? Really annoying.. 

0 Kudos
GarethF
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Comedy Central - TiVo recording incorrect shows

You'd need to provide some timeslots

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi mpatric,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear your TiVo® box is recording the wrong shows.

I've checked this and there's currently no reported issue with an incorrect guide on Comedy Central. Could you please answer the following questions:-

Does it record the whole episode of Friends?

Does this happen at a particular time?

Have you noticed any other channels with the same problem?

Have you restarted the box since this happened?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
mpatric
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The episodes in particular that didn't record were Impractical Jokers season 4 episodes 3 and 4 (the first time they were screened). In both instances, complete episodes of Friends were recorded instead. Lately we've also seen some recordings (on various channels) missing the first 5 minutes or so. I have confirmed that in some of these instances there were no other things recording at the same time, so I don't believe it was a clash issue. So frustrated with the TiVo, I don't remember having so many issues when we were with Sky.

In response to the question "Have you restarted the box since this happened?" - yes, I regularly restart the TiVo box, especially when it gets slow. But it's ridiculous to have to do this.

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It may help if you can provide specific date & time examples of where, it seems, the guide data is wrong. The TiVo "logic" is only as good as the guide data - if you have specifics, it's worth emailing them to tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk who're pretty good at getting them fixed.

0 Kudos