Menu
JDLR007
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Combine Freeview arial and Virgin connection?

to save on my cables can I combine my Virgin connection with my Freeview connection they are sane cable type  

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Combine Freeview arial and Virgin connection?

Absolutely no. Virgin uses the same spectrum as DTT & DAB, & use special cable to make their network "watertight" against the two coming into contact with eachother.

Combining the two will cause interference not only to your services, but to the entire street, as the signals you add will track back down the cable & interfere with all your neighbours services. This could result in your services being cut off, & you receiving a huge bill for all your neighbours callouts. Not to mention that ANY alterations to VM's network cabling is against terms & conditons of service.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
praxis
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why VM box is for VM feed only as far as I am aware only thing you can connect it to is a DVD record with a Scary cable
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Absolutely no. Virgin uses the same spectrum as DTT & DAB, & use special cable to make their network "watertight" against the two coming into contact with eachother.

Combining the two will cause interference not only to your services, but to the entire street, as the signals you add will track back down the cable & interfere with all your neighbours services. This could result in your services being cut off, & you receiving a huge bill for all your neighbours callouts. Not to mention that ANY alterations to VM's network cabling is against terms & conditons of service.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
JDLR007
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Combine Freeview arial! and Virgin connection?

I mean can I add a splitter where the wall box is to join my Freeview to the cable then splitter then use splitter ( near vm box) to my vbox/modem and backup Freeview box for when virgin media has lost transmission thus saving my cables? if that makes sense!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Combine Freeview arial! and Virgin connection?

You must keep Virgins network coax & Freeview coax cables seperate. As already stated, the signals in a Freeview cable & the signals on Virgins cable will interfere with eachother.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
JDLR007
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I mean can I add a splitter where the wall box is to join my Freeview to the cable then splitter then use splitter ( near vm box) to my vbox/modem and backup Freeview box for when virgin media has lost transmission thus saving my cables? if that makes sense

0 Kudos