Menu
CJS1
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Colour problem on V+ recorded shows

Recently I have been noticing a very strong turquoise colour on some recorded shows on my V+ box - the colour bleeds into other colours, so for example, in National Treasure recently, elements of Julie Walters hair appeared turquoise.  There was also a lot of this dominant turquoise in the last epiosde of Ripper Street.  I have not noticed this when watching live TV, it seems to be related to recorded programmes.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
CJS1
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Colour problem on V+ recorded shows

I should add I have just tried watching National treasure on catch-up and got exactly the same turquoise effect as when I watched it on playback.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello CJS1,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

This does sounds strange but I can suggest a couple of things worth trying. Do you have a DVD player or another device that plugs into the TV just to make sure it's the box and also if you have a spare cable it would be worth swapping it over whether it's a SCART or HDMI lead just in case it's faulty. Otherwise I would like to send out one of the team to check things over for you so please let me know how you get on.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
CJS1
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose and thank you for your response.

Yes, I have a DVD player that plugs into the TV so I will try that and I will also try a different cable and will get back to you.

If I notice that the DVD player does not cause this effect and changing over cables makes no difference, then I would appreciate a visit from one of the team.

As I said, it does not seem to affect live TV, just some recorded programmes and Catch-Up TV.

Thank you again.

Colin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Okay no problem, I can certainly book a technician for this so just let me know if you need one.

Speak soon Smiley Happy

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
CJS1
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose

My TV set up doesn't use any SCART cables but it deos use an HDMI cable, however, I have not tried replacing it yet as I decided to watch the third eposide of Ripper Street on Catch UP TV for Channel 4 via the internet and I noticed a similar turquoise shading - perhaps you could check it out yourself?  Right at the start, when we see Julie Walters in the toilet talking to another woman, parts of her hair appear turquoise.  Now, I know my internet is also provided by Virignmedia, but I am assuming that watching TV via the internet has nothing to do with my V+ box - I'd appreciate your feedback on this.

Many thanks.

Col

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Col,

When you say via the internet is this through your television like a smart tv or are you using a computer?

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
CJS1
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose

When I decided to check Ripper Street via catch-Up Channel 4 to see if it was the same as when watching it on my TV via my V+ box, I was watching it via a computer, not a smart TV.

I also used my DVD player last night to watch a pre-bought dvd and the colour was fine.

Earlier tonight, watching live TV, I noticed some turquoise tinting on the BBC2 screen when displaying the logo with the swan swimming around it just as about Victorian Slum was due to start at 9pm.

This is all very confusing:  to sum up, I have noticed turquoise tinting on

• programmes recorded via my V+ box (specifically Ripper Street final episode and National Treasure episode 3)
  • live BBC2 
  • watching National Treasure episode 3 on my computer via the internet (Channel 4 catch up channel) and not via a television.

NB: No turquoise shading was evident when watching a bought dvd on my dvd player which is connected to my television.

Thank you for your continued help.

Kind regards

Colin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colin,

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know what's happening. Since you've had no problems when watching a DVD then it's highly likely to be the box so what I would like to do is send one of the team out to get this fixed for you. 

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos