Menu
Sheehana
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Charged for box office that I didn't watch

I recently booked to watch the Anthony Joshua boxing match on demand.  

When i tried to connect to watch the fight I was unable to connect.  I was surprised to receive a charge for this on my next bill  - I assumed that as I hadn't watched the fight I would not be charged.  

When i contacted the support team, I was told that I would be charged, as I hadn't reported the fault - they offered me £5 "goodwill" gesture.  

I am amazed that the technology to track the usage does not exist 

Has anyone had the same issue, and managed to get a refund?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged for box office that I didn't watch

Hi Sheehana

I appreciate that this has been an issue for you and thanks for letting us know.

I am sorry to hear that the PPV event of the Anthony Joshua boxing match didn't display for you after this was booked.

I understand you have contacted the teams about this and thank you for getting in touch with them about this.

For me to help a little further with this I'm going to send a pm to you that you can find in the envelope up by your forum name.

If you could get back to us on this that would be great Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
gcuthbertson
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have just changed from sky to Virgin, after being with sky for over 15 years. I was promised the earth with Virgin when the rep came to my home. With Sky you could check box office programmes and then asked for reconfirmation prior to order. On this occasion I entered my pin to access the PPV, and then decided when asked to press red button to start my order, that actually I didn’t want to watch it and so didn’t bother. With sky this would not have been a problem but with Virgin apparently I have been charged as I have already purchased the PPV even though I didn’t proceed with the order. How can someone charge you with something you didn’t watch? Only been with them 2 months and it’s been the worse experience I have ever had. Poor customer service, and poor broadband after being promised if I took the contract it would be the best in the area, unfortunately not and I wish I never left sky. Very very poor.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi gcuthbertson, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here even though you're having an issue. 

Just like Sky, once you've purchased the content, the next option is to start playing it. This is what has happened here. 

You've entered in your PIN to purchase the content and that is the point the charges get added to the account. The next step is to start playing that content. If you decide not to watch at that point then that's fine, it's there for you to watch later that day until it expires. 

I'm sorry you changed your mind but this isn't something we would refund you for as you've bought the content. 

Apologies. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos