Menu
Weebully
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Channels

Just how many repeat channels can VM offer as its getting absolutely ridiculous, as an example ITV is on 13 different channels, therefore we are paying for multiple channnels that do'nt need to be there.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channels

There are six ITV channels on Virgin Media:

ITV
ITV 2
ITV 3
ITV 4
ITV Encore
CITV

There are then +1 versions and HD versions, both of which are there for specific reasons. For instance the +1 channels are there for people without a recordable box or if you need an alternate showing due to a clash. HD versions are there because not everyone has HD yet, so ITV still has to broadcast an SD version.

The +1 and HD version existence are down to ITV themselves, not Virgin Media. However Virgin Media will normally carry those versions if they exist and the commercial agreement includes them.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
1701-e
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Also ITV AD on 853 just to add to the mix!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The broadcaster is paying for the channel slots, & as far as ITV is concerned, most of these are included with TV M, which is free on Virgin if you keep a landline on your account.

I'm sure there would be many complaints on this forum if more channels on other "Free" platforms were removed from Virgin.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/FREEVIEW-CHANNELS/m-p/2997459

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/Virgin-TV-package-and-Free-View/m-p/2995929

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Weebully
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Like I have said how many other channels are multiples, I quoted ITV as an example but there are many more multiple channels which in my opinion means that myself and many many other VM customers are paying for channels that do not need to be multiplications of themselves, and also every year without fail there are price increases for these multiple channels. I have been with VM since the early days of NTL and feel that VM no longer value for money and will be looking to either change to a competitor or change my package, Even new customers are getting a better deal that LOYAL customers.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New customers on ALL platforms get better deal than existing ones. Its the same across many businesses that want to attract new custom. VM get all these "multiple" channels from the Sky satellites. Go to them & you will get even more of them, as not all of them are carried on Virgin.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos