Menu
Europart
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Channels unavailable or unwatchable

Hi, bit of a strange one this but whenever cricket is on Sky Sports 2 I can not watch it because the picture is very blocky. Also whilst cricket is being broadcast other channels are either the same or just a black screen with error code 3204. It only seems to occur when cricket is on like now!

Anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks

Martin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channels unavailable or unwatchable

Hey Martin

Welcome to the community, I'm really sorry to hear about the problem with your TV service, it certainly sounds like a strange one!

I'd like to take a closer look at this for you, so I can do so, are you able to respond to my PM with the requested information? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Europart
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

How odd. 12 months on and having the exact same problem. Some channels are unwatchable for most of the day and it's the same channels each day. Frustrating

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You have got a signal issue by the sound of it. If your signals are borderline, when cable runs & connections heat up during the day, the resistance of the cable increases & you lose channels. At night the opposite happens.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Welcome back Europart,

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting this error again a year down the line.  I will be happy to help check this out for you. Smiley Happy

I have taken a look at your boxes remotely and one is showing as 'offline' at present.  Can you please let me know if the boxes are turned on please?  

Once confirmed, I can check further for you.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Europart
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette

Thanks for you interest in this. At the moment both boxes are switched on

Regards

Martin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply Europart,

I have taken a further look and I will need to send an engineer to fix  this fault.  

I will be happy to arrange this with you, check your private message for all the details.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Cheers Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Europart
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Collette, I got your message and may well have take up the engineer option but I am not sure when I will be at home at the moment.

Also thank you Nodrogd for replying and for the info. I have done a bit of swapping things around and I am more confused than before! It is the upstairs box that has the problem and it is connected to a splitter. All channels work fine when the box is connected straight into the wall socket so I presumed it was the splitter but the box downstairs works fine when connected to the same splitter. I then swapped the boxes over but connecting the different box to the splitter upstairs results in the same channel issues. Why would the splitter do its job downstairs but not upstairs and only during the day? My heads hurts!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The splitter & spur to the second box need checking, as the signal is obviously borderline. With analogue TV signals you could see deterioration of the picture if there were issues at certain frequencies. With digital it either works or it doesn't.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Europart,

Thanks for getting back to us.

there's no rush to book an appointment.  Just when you're ready and know when you will be free.  Send me a private message with date/time you're available and I'll get this sorted no problem.

I look forward to hearing from you.

0 Kudos