Menu
gypsyqueen
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Channels pixelating and now not showing

I have only been with Virgin only two weeks switching from BT.  Wanted to watch a programme on channel 170 and it was pixelating.  Checked out Sony it was the same and  a few other channels.  Reported the problem and an engineer came the next day.  He checked everything inside, cables and wiring  and changed one of the Tivo boxes.  He checked the diagnostic page on the Tivo and said that it was not stable, kept changing the signal/frequency.  Another engineer would come and check the main box outside. Engineer was booked for this Thursday in the morning but never came so we still have the problem, in fact some of the channels are not showing now including Sony (V53).  Whatever the problem is, it is not inside the house.  Both boxes are well ventilated, cables secure.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Channels pixelating and now not showing

Hi gypsyqueen

I'm so sorry to hear about the problems you've experienced lately, it's absolutely not the service we want for you.

I've taken a look at your account and can see the appointment has been rearranged, I've sent you information regarding the appointment in a private message so we can try to do everything possible to ensure this doesn't happen again.

I'd love to hear how it goes

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Really happy to hear that this has been resolved gypsyqueen! Smiley Happy

Apologies also for the faults experienced.

We are always happy to help, so feel free to let us know if there is anything more we can do.

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi gypsyqueen

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and can see that an appointment has been arranged for a member of our team to take a closer look at this, which is excellent news.

I'd love to hear how it goes and will be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
gypsyqueen
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig
I wonder if you could be so kind as to check that the engineer is still coming. I cannot see the appointment in My Virgin account. I sincerely hope that it has not been cancelled yet again, and not by me I might add.
Thank you in advance
Gypsyqueen
0 Kudos
gypsyqueen
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am very angry to say the least.  I have been waiting since 12noon for an engineer that had been booked to come today, and yet, again the appointment had been cancelled.  I did not cancel the appointment, it did not come from my phone, which according to the technical department it did.  After talking to Andrew in the technical department, it transpired that the cancellation came from someone else with a different phone number and it had been put on my account.  This is the second time.  I did not receive any message, or text on my phone.  I am a new customer, only 2 weeks, and quite frankly I am disappointed with Virgin, thought they would be better than BT.  An engineer has now been booked for this Saturday morning,  If this appointment is not kept I will be making a strong complaint.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi gypsyqueen

I'm so sorry to hear about the problems you've experienced lately, it's absolutely not the service we want for you.

I've taken a look at your account and can see the appointment has been rearranged, I've sent you information regarding the appointment in a private message so we can try to do everything possible to ensure this doesn't happen again.

I'd love to hear how it goes

Craig

0 Kudos
gypsyqueen
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am pleased to say, that after a couple of visits from engineers, customer services, we have all our channels and no pixelating on any of them.  It did take three weeks from the time we joined Virgin.  It transpires that it was a network across board fault, nothing inside the house but the green box outside linking  to another one and then to the main one which had a fault and had not been picked up by anyone, except us.  Obviously we watch channels no one else does and wouldn't have known of the problem.  So, everything is fine now, including the broadband which went down whilst this was going on today.  I shall now relax.....until the next time, fingers crossed nothing does.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Really happy to hear that this has been resolved gypsyqueen! Smiley Happy

Apologies also for the faults experienced.

We are always happy to help, so feel free to let us know if there is anything more we can do.

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos