Menu
DavidGetling
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Channel4 HD regularly freezes

For over a month now, on a very regular basis, the Channel4 HD picture has been breaking up and freezing. This is definitely a problem that's down to Virgin and not my equipment. Last time it happened I checked with my neighbour, who had the same problem.

One multiplexed signal comes down the line. Therefore, I'm guessing that Virgin is screwing up how it processes this signal. I reported this via the phone help system, but as expected they haven't fixed it.

I wonder how many other people have the same problem. Virgin are very good at regularly increasing their prices. It's a pity they aren't so good at fixing their screw ups!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel4 HD regularly freezes

Hi DavidGetling,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with Channel 4 HD.

I've tried running diagnostics on your equipment but it appears to be offline at the moment. Is it switched off at your end?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
DavidGetling
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Josh,

Read what I said! My neighbour has the same problem, and it's just one particular channel. So it can't be the equipment. I've an M.Sc. in Computer Science (do you?), and one of my specialities was comms. So I know what I'm talking about. This IS a problem with the signal.
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes I to have had this problem with C4HD & C5HD. Regards Micky
DavidGetling
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Update

Well, CH4 HD is still freezing on me, but it's clear VM don't care about this. A couple of days ago I found a thread a year old on exactly the same problem. So, it's very clear that VM have known about this for a long time. There were the usual stupid and glib replies from Virgin, which show the utter contempt in which they hold their customers. The number of people I've talked to may not be statistically significant, but the consensus among them seems to be that Virgin's customer service is truly lousy. Like Theresa May, they are good on the rhetoric, and taking our money, but delivering what the customer is entitled to (a reliable service) is not on their agenda.

Does anyone know how other providers compare? Is it worth switching to SKY or BT?

0 Kudos