Menu
NikShort
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Channel renumbering

Hi

Just rejoined VM, not sure if that's a good or bad thing yet Smiley Very Happy

Have a Tivo box for the first time and noticed how badly the channels are ordered.

Can you manually rearrange the channel numbers like you can on some other boxes?

Any answers appreciated,

Thanks Nik

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Xian
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Channel renumbering

No.
You can only set Favourites and they return to defaults every hour. The ordering is fixed I'm afraid.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Xian
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No.
You can only set Favourites and they return to defaults every hour. The ordering is fixed I'm afraid.
0 Kudos
hound1010
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is this still the current state of affairs?  If so, this is very disappointing...

We want a short, custom list of channels (preferring HD over SD wherever possible, and hiding all those channels I have absolutely no interest in, even if they were free) and to change the ordering to be more sensible.  I'm guessing everyone wants this, right?!

Come on Virgin ... get the finger out!  Customer satisfaction is everything. Smiley Happy

P.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hound1010 wrote:
I'm guessing everyone wants this, right?!

Unfortunately not - the channel providers themselves most certainly do not want you hiding their content.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hound1010 wrote:

Is this still the current state of affairs?  If so, this is very disappointing...

We want a short, custom list of channels (preferring HD over SD wherever possible, and hiding all those channels I have absolutely no interest in, even if they were free) and to change the ordering to be more sensible.  I'm guessing everyone wants this, right?!

Come on Virgin ... get the finger out!  Customer satisfaction is everything. Smiley Happy

P.

I use the Favourites option and that works fine for me.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
jmorgan
Just joined
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I use favorites too, but it is still irritating that BBC1 can't be renumbered channel 1 etc Is there really no way round this? I don't want to have to go into the favorites menu every time because I can't remember the channel numbers to press on the remote, its long winded!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

jmorgan wrote:

I use favorites too, but it is still irritating that BBC1 can't be renumbered channel 1 etc Is there really no way round this? I don't want to have to go into the favorites menu every time because I can't remember the channel numbers to press on the remote, its long winded!

The PSB channels are prescribed channels under OFCOM rules, & their channel numbers are fixed points (eg. BBC1 has to be 1 on Freeview/Youview equipment, 101 on all satellite & cable services) on all the TV platforms EPG's. The other channel numbers may, or may not be part of an agreement wiith the channel's provider.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos