Menu
manamaga
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Channel missing

Until recently, Eden HD has been a part of my package. I went to watch it today only to find it greyed out and unable to watch it. I have not made any changes to my TV subscription. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm on the M+ package.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel missing

There was a free to view period that ended on the 5th January that made Eden HD and other channels from UKTV available in lower TV packs.

Eden HD has now returned to being part of Full House (XL) only.

You can see the channels in M+ at www.virginmedia.com/help/channelguide

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
manamaga
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In fact, having looked a little more, there are three channels which I used to get, but no longer do; W HD, Alibi HD and Eden HD.  All of which I no longer get.  It would be greatly appreciated if someone from VM could explain please?

0 Kudos
manamaga
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Great, so not only has my VM package price increased twice in the last 12 months, I've lost 3 channels!  I think VM are about to lose a customer.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

manamaga wrote:

Great, so not only has my VM package price increased twice in the last 12 months, I've lost 3 channels!  I think VM are about to lose a customer.

No. Three channels that you were not paying for were offered to you as a free promotion from the channel owner. That promotion has now ended (the channel owner gets a cut of the subscriptions from the pack the channel is normally on, so they were getting nothing from you either).

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

manamaga wrote:

No. Three channels that you were not paying for were offered to you as a free promotion from the channel owner. That promotion has now ended (the channel owner gets a cut of the subscriptions from the pack the channel is normally on, so they were getting nothing from you either).

It's called looking a gift horse in the mouth. Time after time some customers on lower packages get channels free for a limited time while those on more expensive packages continue to pay for them. And the they moan when the promotion ends.

I received the Sky Sports SD package free last week for the next weeks. I can assure everyone I will enjoy it while it lasts and will not whine when the promotion expires.

Cue the number of posts in six weeks time complaining that the channels have gone.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
manamaga
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Actually smart arse, I was not informed at any point that I was benefitting from these three channels being free. Which is unusual given that they are quick to point out any bonus or free content. Not even mention on the bill. Had I known it was a promotion I wouldn't be "moaning" as you so eloquently put it. But thanks for your input, it was no use whatsoever.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

manamaga wrote:
Actually smart arse, I was not informed at any point that I was benefitting from these three channels being free. Which is unusual given that they are quick to point out any bonus or free content. Not even mention on the bill. Had I known it was a promotion I wouldn't be "moaning" as you so eloquently put it. But thanks for your input, it was no use whatsoever.

Your welcome.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!