Menu
Steve-601
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Channel listings on V Box

For weeks now the Syfy channel has been showing some wrong TV listings. Every morning from 6am to 8am it shows the listing as Buffy the Vampire Slayer when, in fact, every morning Star Trek DS9 is on.

Then on Sunday 11th September there was a lot of incorrect information on the channel listings for Sky Sports 1, where there was no listing for either the Sunday Supliment or Goals on Sunday programme (I can't recall what it displayed in its place but it was incorrect).

Then again last night (13.09.2016) the start time of a film on the Syfy channel was wrong by an hour; showing Star Trek Insurrection as starting at 9:00pm when it started at 10:00pm. On this occasion I noticed that the start time was correct on my TiVo box.

I have reset my V Box but it still shows incorrect programme listings on various channels.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel listings on V Box

Hi Steve-601

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service lately, I hope things have improved for you since you posted?

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the line from our end for you, we're seeing no issues being detected though.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Steve-601
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me Craig.

Still got issues with wrong listings on my V Box - this morning, again, it was showing 2 back-to-back episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer when, in fact, Star Trek DS9 was on the Syfy channel. Could be other stations wrong too as they were on the Sky Sports channels a couple of weekends ago but can't be certain of that at the moment.

It's not a major issue but is a little irritating.

Regards,

Steve.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve, 

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know how things are Smiley Happy 

I would report any listings issues to TiVoGuideErrors@virginmedia.co.uk. Even though you are having an issue with the V Box, these guys will make sure it's all fed back to the broadcasters as this is where we get the information for the listings from. 

It's worth giving the box a reboot as this will ensure you have the latest up to date information and listings on there too. 

Keep us posted if you have any further issues. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Steve-601
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Kath, I have now done as you suggested.

Much appreciated,

Steve.

0 Kudos