Menu
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Channel -Order or Chaos?

I didnt see an answer to this although I am sure I am not the first to ask this.

to summarise the problem

101BBC1

102BBC2

103ITV

104 4

105 5

106 BBC3  wha?

163 BBC3HD  wha? wha?

etc

I believe from other queries that I can't customise channel line up except ...only show HD or whatever

but why..cant similar channels be grouped together, 

I don't really want to know the bureaucratic answer, like ofcom won't allow it,  is there really no software workaround that would let the user organise the channels....really?

Its these little things that end up driving you crazy!

0 Kudos
g0hjq
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel -Order or Chaos?

Yes, it's really annoying. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the channel numbering is decided by which company bids the most.

It would be really nice though if the HD channels were either next to the matching SD channel, or in a separate block of their own.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel -Order or Chaos?

PSB Channels BBC1 to CH5 in any local regional variation must appear first on the EPG under OFCOM's rules. So on VM that is 101 to 105. The rest are to a more or less extent agreed with the owner of that channel. So even if the software was available to move the channels, the channel numbers would have to stay the same.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos