Menu
warren260708uk
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Channel 425 Not Free!

What's going on Virgin?
Told to check out channel 35 on freeview (Sony Movie Channel) and if I have Virgin go to channel 425 because it's a free channel.....WRONG!!! yes it's absolutely free on freeview BUT on Virgin media you HAVE TO SUBSCRIBE!! Come on guys get a grip, how can you justify this issue?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel 425 Not Free!

There is no requirement for all the 'free' TV offerings to have the same set of channels.

I'm sure Virgin Media Player TV has some channels not available on Freeview and FreeSat and vice versa.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel 425 Not Free!

warren260708uk wrote:
What's going on Virgin?
Told to check out channel 35 on freeview (Sony Movie Channel) and if I have Virgin go to channel 425 because it's a free channel.....WRONG!!! yes it's absolutely free on freeview BUT on Virgin media you HAVE TO SUBSCRIBE!! Come on guys get a grip, how can you justify this issue?

Perhaps you ought to address this question at the channel owner, who has decided to make their channel a pay channel on Sky & Virgin in order to get revenue from them. Something I hasten to add, they are quite entitled to do as a commercial company.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos