Menu
Lotty321
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Channel 4 Catch-up not available

I've been unable to watch This Is Us on Channel 4 this evening. Had the same problem with Supervet on Channel 4 too. iPlayer and ITV are available, I haven't checked other channels. Is Channel 4 catch-up not available? Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Channel 4 Catch-up not available

Given the sporadic nature of some content getting loaded onto catch-up by both the broadcasters and VM, recording your programmes should always be the default position if you have a recording capable box. Catch-up/OD is there as a safety net should the recording not work for whatever reason.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Possible there have a been a few instances where Ch4 OD hasn't updated - I had the same yesterday looking for something.

Out of interest, what stopped you recording it?

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Lotty321
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Printer Elf,

I didn't record This Is Us as I thought I could watch it on catch-up the week after it was aired. This programme and several others I have tested on Channel 4 for this problem are still not available on Catch-up.  I will watch This Is Us online, although I'd rather watch it on my TV.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Given the sporadic nature of some content getting loaded onto catch-up by both the broadcasters and VM, recording your programmes should always be the default position if you have a recording capable box. Catch-up/OD is there as a safety net should the recording not work for whatever reason.

0 Kudos
Lotty321
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Obviously I was a mistaken in thinking Catch-up a fully functioning, promptly updated service, however as you say, this appears not to be the case! I also had a similar problem attempting to watch Humans on C4 a few weeks ago. I will record, as you suggest or watch on online instead. Thanks for your help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It should be, but all to many things can conspire to make it a little less than flawless.

Far fewer though, should be contributing factors to your box not recording what you set :-)

0 Kudos