Menu
ChaseyGirl
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Changing package

Hello everyone . I wonder if anyone could tell me if I could change my XL to M and keep all the sky sports channels and BT sport. Cost? Also is it possible to get rid of your phone line and still get virgin broadband? Rang yesterday and spoke to a not very helpful customer services person. All he could do was get rid of our movies to get the price down. We were currently paying approx £150 for everything. Have a TiVo box and 3 other boxes. Got it down to £107 having the movies removed. Stil too high!!! We have no aerial or we could have free view  as all our TVs have them so frustrating! 

0 Kudos
Kcuser
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing package

I cancelled yesterday, took me 45mins as they kept putting me on hold. I've now got a pretty decent deal with Sky with a fixed fee for 12mths £40, no hidden charges and only £10 set up.(friends and family code I found)

I had to negotiate a bit, but they seemed very keen for business (that sales for you). All the VS retentions team would do is tell me how bad Sky broadband service is. The irony was that Virgin retentions person was a Sky customer talking from their experience!! Seems even Virgins own staff don't even get great deals or perks to use and help sell product.

In 12mths, I'll probably be back with Virgin on a good new customer deal and their new product.

Adios
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ChaseyGirl, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here involved in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm really sorry to hear the team weren't able to get the package down in price to something more suitable. Rather that advising you want to save money, tell the team what you want just as you've done above. We can take a look at how much this will cost and work around things that way. 

Give the team another try and let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kcuser, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've decided to leave us Smiley Sad 

As much as we would love to be available in every area, we're not able to be. Due to this, some staff are not able to be Virgin Customers (myself included).

We really do hope you come back to us and it's not the end of our relationship Smiley Happy

We're here if you need any further support. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos