Menu
Theunfitone
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Changing Channels remotely ? (from another home)

Hi all,

I'm looking from some advice to solve a problem is having.

A friends father is suffering from dementia, and as he's deteriorating he is struggling with navigating the remote control for his TiVo box, and frequently gets stuck on random channels until he gets a visitor

Is there any way that the channels could be changed remotely ? ie from a different house ? we know the app' can do it but it only works if the app is on the same wifi network.

is there any cheats or work arounds for this as it would be a real game changer for the old fella.

any help sincerely appreciated.

Gary.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
dowie
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Changing Channels remotely ? (from another home)

Hi Gary

You could buy a slingbox to connect you to TiVo remotely you can then goto the slingbox website and log into your account and change the channel.
I use one for when I'm working away.

Dowie

All Replies
dowie
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Gary

You could buy a slingbox to connect you to TiVo remotely you can then goto the slingbox website and log into your account and change the channel.
I use one for when I'm working away.

Dowie
Theunfitone
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That is brilliant, I've been googling and I'm thinking that will work a treat, looks like you can pick them up dirt cheap too for older models.

Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
dowie
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes the older ones are cheap as your not needing HD. You may need to Google for a remote code with the older ones but there are forums that deal with the files needed and how to upload the code to slingbox

Dowie
0 Kudos