Menu
PocketDemon
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ch5 Issue with V+ Recordings

Hi - since some point on either Tues or Weds, all of the old recordings from Ch5 (& I think Ch5HD - not 100%) on my V+ box are now unplayable - the channel being shown as 'unknown' & with an error message that I'm not subscribed to the channel.

This also caused a fault with a long standing series link - where suddenly no episodes were being recorded.

So, in that I'm clearly subscribed to get Ch5 as it's in every package, what's the deal?

Thanks

Tim.

0 Kudos
JellyRailway13
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ch5 Issue with V+ Recordings

Same thing happened to me last night, but only to old ch5 recordings on v+ box.

So I recorded a ch5 program overnight, and that seems ok - so it's just old recordings - any one got an idea what's going on?

0 Kudos
PocketDemon
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That's mirrors what I'm getting - deleting the original series link (that had been in place for several years) & creating a replacement one & it then started recording again...

(though obviously missing a couple of episodes)
0 Kudos
Martin2
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Same problem with our V+ box, just noticed today.

Tried a re-boot of the box but still missing.

0 Kudos
Martin2
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I contacted the helpdesk and have been informed that the recordings cannot be retrieved.

Not happy.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi all

I'm really sorry to learn about the issues you've experienced lately, I'm not aware of an underlying issue causing this problem although I've fed this back to the team so that it can be looked into.

If any information is sent back to me as a result, I'll let you all know here. 

Sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused and for taking the time to let us know.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
A_Wilk
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Exact same problem with my V+ box and Ch5 last week.

Still can't set a series a link for some programs on Ch5 - shows as "unknown channel" when looking at planned recordings.

Yet other programs & series links are now back working ok.
Ch5 +1 is working fine also.

Is it true that there is no way to recover the programs that were previously recorded from Ch5 ??

Regards
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi A_Wilk, 

Unfortunately if you've performed a reboot and this hasn't brought the recordings back, they will be lost for good. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
A_Wilk
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Just checked my recorded programs again and all the ones previously marked as "channel unknown" are now back as "channel 5"

It appears that when VM says there is no way to recover the recorded programs they are not being totally honest ;-p

Will VM come clean and let us know what the problem was and what the chance is of it reoccurring sometime in the future ??
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi A_Wilk,

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

I'm pleased to hear your recordings are back after the the data was restored.  

Generally when recordings are lost they are unrecoverable.  In this instance this was due to recordings not being labelled correctly.  As the data seemed to restore itself the box recognised the recordings and allowed playback once more.  

I'm sorry to say that I am unable to say if this will or will not happen again.  If it is something that persists, please do get back in touch and let us know and we can carry out the necessary checks and aim to fix the fault for you.  

We're here to help anytime you need us. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos