Menu
fosh3
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Catchup too busy

For certain channels on catch up we keep getting the message that due to high demand in our area this service is not available, with ref no 9132. Can get some programmes but not others. Doesn't matter what time of day it is and it is not due to high demand. Seriously thinking of changing to Sky - one problem after another!

0 Kudos
wishi
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catchup too busy

Ours hasn't worked for two days and yep we have reset the box. It still isn't working in the BS16 area.

We're now watching the final episode of River via the BBC iplayer on our Amazon Firestick! Smiley LOL

Tantamount to running onto the pitch at Goodison Park and screaming 'Liverpool!' I know, but I'd never have a problem doing that! Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi fosh3,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting this error when using Catch Up at the moment.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

Can you please tell me the name of the most recent programmes you have tried to order and watch and state what time you ordered them please?

I have carried out some initial checks and signal wise all looks great from here.  If you can please get back to me with the requested information I can look into this further for you.

I look forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
wishi
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ours appears to be working again now, thanks. We didn't even get as far as the channel selection, we just selected the on demand and catch up tv option and it said it was too busy.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply wishi,

I hope all is ok now for you.  Should you encounter this error again, let me know and I can help further.

All the best Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
fosh3
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. This problem seems to have resolved at the moment, although when we were experiencing problems it was at all times of day and everything we wanted to watch on catchup.

The latest problem is that the picture keeps feeezing every morning  on ITV at about 12 md

This is just another in a list of problems with Virgin including most annoyingly pixillation and sound distortion.

Rebooting makes no difference at all.

Would be grateful if you can solve these problems but I doubt it! :smileyfrustrated:

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi fosh3,

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

I'm pleased to hear that things seem to be working better at the moment for you with On Demand.  I have escalated this to our teams anyway to monitor the network as this is due to high demand occurring.  Our network engineers will be making improvements over time to prevent ongoing issues happening.

It can take some time but you should see some noticeable changes in the next few days.  See how it all goes and let me know if you do have any persistent issues with On Demand giving you the same error.

All the best Smiley Happy

0 Kudos