Menu
paperclip
Rising star
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

CatchUp Issues Still Experienced

When I play a programme on the virgin media catchup service with my STB (not tivo) the programme starts but the first few seconds stop and screen goes blank then back on again, this happens on most catchup progs that I view, it was particulary experienced with the Cill at the BBC prog that was on BBC4, but it happens on others too.

I was told at one point that this is due to a headend problem at the server, but this was well over a year ago I was told this and I hoped it would be fixed by now.

Can this be looked into please as it ruins the catchup experience.

P.S

It occurs on bbci player when using the red button as well as directly from search via the Virgin Media catchup menu.

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: CatchUp Issues Still Experienced

Been told by faults that there is a network issue in my area, the reference is F003770024

Strange thing is that this issue has been around for a considerable time, so I am really unsure if this fault relates to this issue or not.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi paperclip, 

Thanks for your post and apologies that you are still having an issue with Catch Up programmes. 

I've had a look at the account and can see there is an open fault with the same reference number you've given me. 

Whilst this is ongoing we're not able to look into this in any more detail. 

I have checked your box and things are as they should be. There is also a fault with the Red Button service currently with reference F003840016. We are working with the BBC on this and hope to have an update soon from them. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi paperclip, 

Thanks for your post and apologies that you are still having an issue with Catch Up programmes. 

I've had a look at the account and can see there is an open fault with the same reference number you've given me. 

Whilst this is ongoing we're not able to look into this in any more detail. 

I have checked your box and things are as they should be. There is also a fault with the Red Button service currently with reference F003840016. We are working with the BBC on this and hope to have an update soon from them. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks,

Thanks for your reply, it's on-going yes, but it's been on-going for quite some time, is there not a date for someone to chase this up?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi paperclip,

Thanks for coming back to us Smiley Happy  I know how annoying it can be to have your favourite programmes disrupted.

I have looked into the reference number F003770024 and can see that this is due to high demand affecting the network you are connected to.  These issues can take some time to resolve due to the nature of the work required to improve the network to alleviate the high demand that's occurring.  This mainly happens at peak times and will disrupt any App used via the TiVo® service.

At the moment we're due to review this around the 23rd Sept 15, this can change.  If by the time this date has come and gone and you're still getting disruption when watching Catch Up programmes, don't hesitate to give us a shout and we can check for and update for you.

I am sorry that it is taking some times to resolve, our network engineers are working to resolve this. Smiley Happy

Thank you for your patience.

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back, can I just say though that this isn't for Tivo, and the blank screen two second disruption can occur during the early hours, so I fail to see that it's to do with high demand.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi paperclip,

I'm so sorry I appear to have got this mixed up somehow.  

Please accept my apologies for my mistake.

I have taken a look at this with a fresh pair of eyes and there is a signal issue that I would like to get sorted for you.  This will require an engineer to call out and get sorted for you.  

I will send you a private message with details of the next steps.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

0 Kudos