Menu
lesmorrison
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Catch up menu nonsense

Go to Catch Up, search for Eastenders and you're presented with a list with the oldest at the top so you have to scroll through 3 pages of totally anonymous, unidentified episodes and you have to guess which one you need! - why not show the latest at the top and also indicate the date 1st shown rather than when it's valid until! Who thought this one up - the latest 16 year old apprentice? Naturally every other series is the same - unbelievable nonsense - so amateurish - how many years have you been at this? 

0 Kudos
Virgohelen
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch up menu nonsense

Mine constantly says service unavailable
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi lesmorrison,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the Catch Up menu.

When you search for a program in Catch Up, the list shows in order of the oldest to newest. I can understand where you're coming from, especially if you're just looking for the latest episode!

I find the easiest way to find the latest episode is to go to Home, Catch Up, Last 7 days, Select channel, select program.

I've also passed your feedback on to the development team.

Hope this helps a bit! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Virgohelen,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear your On Demand isn't working.

Does that error affect any area of On Demand or is it just certain programs? Do you get an error code/ message on screen?

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos
Virgohelen
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh. It does it all the time. Says the service is unavailable and try again later. I am not at home so cannot tell you if there is an error message. Also the buffering on YouTube and iPlayer is ridiculous.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Virgohelen,

Thanks for the speedy response!

That sounds awful, I'm really sorry.

I've run a diagnostic on your account and I can see a definite issue with your signal levels. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange for a technician to take a look.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos
lesmorrison
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh - you made reference to my having trouble with your catch up menu - I'm not having trouble with the menu - you've got a universal problem with the menu and it's just that whoever designed the programme made finding a specific programme within a series very difficult to identify. I remember during the Olympics you identified a day's events as "day 9"!?- what happened to the convention (everybody else in the world uses) it's called the date!

Really somebody's got their head so far up their nerdy backside they've stopped thinking straight - let's all try to speak the same language and get things the right way round!

I'm really trying to be helpful by pointing out the errors in your systems but you seem to fail to accept and acknowledge that you've really got this wrong.

Let's look at the initial problem again in the cold light of day - I want to see the latest episode of Eastenders and when I go into catch up it gives me a list of episodes starting with on about 30 episodes ago - the trouble is I can't tell because it doesn't show the date it was shown! Scrolling through the series of unidentified episodes I reach the other end, which happens to be the one I want BUT I DON'T KNOW since all it tells me is that episode is available until the 22nd November! **bleep**! Totally useless Virgin - how could ANYONE believe this is acceptable?

ps your response, for which I thank you, as you'll probably have gathered, wasn't in the least helpful

Regards Les  

0 Kudos