Menu
Grissel
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Card not Valid, haven't use the box for a while

Hi there, I was redecorationg my bedroom and I haven not be able to watch the tv in that room, now i finish and i have conected back the tv and the box and I got a message saying Card not Valid, can anyone help me please?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Card not Valid, haven't use the box for a while

Hey Grissel

Sorry to hear about this inconvenience, sorry for the delay in responding. We always reply as quick as possible.

If you're able to reboot your set top box after reading this, you should find a difference with the service. If not, then just let me know here and I'll look to take a closer look.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Gordy1965
Rising star
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If the box has been off for some time you will need to get them to reset the card for you by "pinging" your box.

If you leave it on and they pick up this post they should do it for you, or you may be quicker just phoning them.

Grissel
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I think I'm gonna have to wait, i been trying to call them and was on hold for about 35 minutes.

I hope they pick up my post soon Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Grissel

Sorry to hear about this inconvenience, sorry for the delay in responding. We always reply as quick as possible.

If you're able to reboot your set top box after reading this, you should find a difference with the service. If not, then just let me know here and I'll look to take a closer look.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Grissel
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Many Thanks Craig, all in order now!
0 Kudos
Factualgnome
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, i think this is the same problem for me? ive been decorating and the box has been off for a while?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Factualgnome, 

I am sorry that you have also had this issue. I was unable to locate your account using your forum credentials, I would really like to help you with this issue. If you are still experiencing these issues please could you send me a Private Message with one of the following: 

Your Full address including postcode and account holders name

Your Virgin Media email address and account holders name. 

Once I am able to access your account I can send the signals required to reinstate the card. 

many thanks

Huw 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

nalod77
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

i have eave the same issue and have waited in a que for over 20min before hanging up! Could you reset my multi room card please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply nalod77,

I have carried out some checks for you and everything looks great signal wise and smart card status is correct.  

I have sent an update to your box, if you can please power off/on your box to refresh and let me know if this has fixed it for you.

I'm here to help if you need me, keep me posted. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos