Menu
gerardbrown2001
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cannot acess TV channels on V+HD

I cannot access my TV XL channels on my V+HD box but can on my Tivo box. I was wondering how to fix this as it says my smartcard is invalid when I have a valid account.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot acess TV channels on V+HD

Assuming the box has been powered off for some time, you will need to call in to get it re-activated.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot acess TV channels on V+HD

Viewing cards in V+HD boxes are updated regularly. If you turn the power off to the box, this cannot happen & the card is effectively disabled until customer services update it. To make sure this does not happen in the future, either leave the box powered & in standby 24/7 , or if the box is rarely used, make sure it is left powered & in standby overnight at least once a week.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
gerardbrown2001
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cannot access TV channels- smartcard invalid in V+HD box

I keep getting the smartcard is invalid message whenever I try to access most of my TV XL channels. I am a TV XL subscriber and my TiVo box works so I am wondering why I can't access my channels on my V+HD box. PLEASE FIX THIS!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot access TV channels- smartcard invalid in V+HD box

THREADS MERGED - Forum Staff can take a while to answer posts. Posting Multiple threads will not get a quicker response.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot access TV channels- smartcard invalid in V+HD box

Hello gerardbrown2001,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your Virgin box and welcome back to the community.

I have been able to locate your account and I have sent a signal down to the box so could you try a mains reset and let me know if your channels have come back on please.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos