Menu
Adriantricky83
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling

Hi There,

My girlfriend has asked me to look into cancelling our Virgin, as we can't really afford it now. Especially as we are due an increase in February but I can't find where if it tells you how long you have left on your contract, as well as if we would incur a charge. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancelling

Ernie_C wrote:

The letter advising the February increase also tells you that you can cancel, free of any penalty, up until 31 January.

I suspect that depends on when you received the letter. Mine is dated November and the date quoted is "before 31 December".

If the OP is in the same position then they should move quickly.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

it doesn't matter how long you have left on your contact you can cancel without penalty because of the rise, but you must phone in to do this

0 Kudos
Adriantricky83
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I thought that was only if you cancel within a certain time period, from receiving the notice of the increase?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The letter advising the February increase also tells you that you can cancel, free of any penalty, up until 31 January.

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ernie_C wrote:

I suspect that depends on when you received the letter. Mine is dated November and the date quoted is "before 31 December".

If the OP is in the same position then they should move quickly.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
jonniek
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

well if it does increase as I have negotiated a new deal I will deffo be using my right to cancel
0 Kudos
geeko
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

well as soon as i read the first couple of lines which stated " You will have Increased charges on your account from february", i have replied in the same manner, " i wont be getting any extra charges or bills as i would like to give 30 days notice to close my account". you are only informedf that youCAN unsubscribe at the very end.

the charges are bad enough but to start an email with, "YOU ARE etc is very rude and bad mannered, so just to remind you I WILL NOT, I AM TERMINATING YOUR SERVICE. also you havent even acknowledged this. Joined VM a couple of years ago, NINETEEN EIGHTY SIX  1986 TELEWEST to be precise

0 Kudos
chrisdocker
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

How on earth does one cancel part of the package? The only online option appear to be 'upgrade'. I have written twice, explaining I do not want to 'chat' to someone, I want to deal in writing. They just write back saying they have tried to phone me (my phone doesn't take incoming calls!) and therefore they are assuming that my 'query' is closed.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

chrisdocker wrote:

How on earth does one cancel part of the package? The only online option appear to be 'upgrade'. I have written twice, explaining I do not want to 'chat' to someone, I want to deal in writing. They just write back saying they have tried to phone me (my phone doesn't take incoming calls!) and therefore they are assuming that my 'query' is closed.

It is easiest to call retentions on 150 (or the longer number from non-virgin phones) and cancel.   Maybe you don't want to chat, but there aren't any other easily available means.   Do it in working hours Monday-Friday otherwise you will end up getting off shored and they won't be able to do it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there chrisdocker,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're looking to cancel a part of your package with us.

As mentioned by arrgee1991, it's best to call the team to discuss this further, so that they can get this sorted for you.

You can call our team on 150 free from any Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111 on any other line.  
Alternatively, you can chat to our online team via: [Contact us].

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos