Menu
PeteMead
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling my contract

I am 8 months into an 18 month contract and have just about had enough of Virgin. The broadband is excellent but the TV service leaves a lot to be desired ( Not working again today, an engineer is on the way according to service status), this is about the 4th time. Also TV on the go is rubbish if you want to watch live football.

Just wondered if anyone had an idea of cancellation costs for TV as I would like to keep broadband.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancelling my contract

Early disconnection fees are listed here:

http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early-dis...

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Early disconnection fees are listed here:

http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early-dis...

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi PeteMead,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing problems with your television service and that you want to cancel the service. 

As SCA1972 advised, the early disconnection fees can be found on the link provided. These fees are applied when cancelling all of the subscribed services and closing the Virgin Media account.

I would suggest giving us a call to discuss this, because you want to keep your broadband service, you would be downgrading--not disconnecting your account--so in that case there would not be a fee. We do require 30 day’s notice for a downgrade of service.

Just give us a call on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone), taking option 4 and then option 2 and we can look into this further for you.

Please let us know how you get on with this.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Janet3
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

Does the customer have to wait till AFTER the contract ends, before cancelling?  I was hoping to cancel the 30 days before it ends, so I no longer have to pay for the service. 

For instance, my contract ends 27-28/7/16, so must I wait till after before I cancel?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Janet3 Smiley Happy

Thank you for the reply Smiley Happy

I hope you don't mind me stepping in, I would like to help and when you're in the mind of cancelling, It is quite common to cancel 1 month before the end of the contract to bring your 30 days notice to the end of the contract. So in short, cancelling on the 27th-28th June is fine Smiley Happy

You will then still receive a final bill, this is usually 2 days after the disconnection date ( 27th-28th of July) to keep all your records in order. 

I hope this helps.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos