Menu
Highlighted
jordo2k1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling because of new customers!

Yesterday I noticed a new vip package for new customers which included 6 months Netflix a £200 speaker a new super hub 3 and 1 to TiVo box. All tv channels including hd and movies and sport in hd with 200 mb broadband and unlimited phone package.
As a customer of nearly 6 years I pay £133 a month for tv xl with movies and sports ( non hd), 200 mb broadband and medium phone package.
So today my wife phoned up to ask for that package at the vip price and was basically told no and the best we could do was get an £11 discount! Ha **bleep** ha! If you can give this vip to new customers then why are people like me constantly paying more each month and getting a lot less? The man on the phone was very arrogant and unhelpful so we decided to cancel our whole package and will be free of Virgin and crappy customer service by next month. Back to sky we go. I encourage anyone else stuck in the loop with Virgin to do the same as tho I have had great service for 6 years I simply can't stand deals like this and being told not stick with paying more for less.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling because of new customers!

Of course new customers are getting better deals, & that has always been the case. Sky appear to be giving away LG large screen TV's to new customers now, so VM are bound to ramp up their offers. Once the initial deal runs out, everyone will end up paying roughly the same.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
jordo2k1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling because of new customers!

That's the wrong attitude to have and the reason big companies can get away with it.
I understand the speaker is an incentive and I wouldn't expect one but what I do expect is to receive the tv channels at the same price as the next person.
However shortly after cancelling today we got a call from a lovely lady from Virgin asking why we have cancelled and shortly after explaining why she has now givin is the exact same package as new vip members including a new hub and new TiVo box at a discounted price (actually less than new members) and even upgraded the channels to hd including sports and movies so we are saving £40 a month on our bill. This highlights my point that if you can offer a to package at one price why do each of us get different prices? One package one price no matter about new or old customers. We didn't get the speaker but we didn't ask for that just the same service that new customers were getting as we were paying £ 30 more for less service.
0 Kudos