Menu
mackerbootle
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling TIVO

Hi, I want to cancel my TIVO subscription and return the box. I'm not happy with the latest coming price increases for TIVO. I have been paying way too much for this service, the box is very laggy and the monthly payments for the service are not acceptable and I'm now going to move over to Freeview and use a Humax box instead which has virtually all the same services minus some of the HD channels available.

I have not received a letter yet confirming the price increase, however I've seen many posts on different web forums saying it is coming soon for the TV package.

My question is can I just cancel the TV package totally from my package when I receive the letter? I'm still under contract. Honestly I do not need it, and the only things I need are the broadband which is currently 100mb (I only need at 50mb so I would like to downgrade) and unfortunately the phone line which I use for uploading websites on a 0845 dial up number which is included for FREE in my current package (unlimited calls).

Cheers,

Mack

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling TIVO

Hi mackerbootle,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're thinking of cancelling your TV subscription.  I'm sure we can work something out that works better for your price wise.

If you give our care team a call on 150 Free from any Virgin Landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other line, or you can reach our online team via Contact Us and I'm sure we can find something that's more ideal.  Even though you are mid-contract, we may still have something more ideal for you.

Let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mackerbootle
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling TIVO

Hi Collette,

Thank  you for the reply. I still have not received any letter yet regarding the price increases, I have also checked my Virgin email account too and nothing is in there either. Today's date being the 25th of November 2015.

I have noticed many people saying they have been notified by letter of the price increases, but without any information about it I'm still unsure what action to take at this point. This gives us all approximately 4-5 weeks to decide once officially notified.

I need to know if I can just cancel the TIVO service and return the box, which as you mentioned I am still still in mid-contract.

I can't really comment any further on my rights to cancellation and the terms and conditions until I receive the letter, and from what I read so for on forums the cancellation is 31st of December 2015.

This is the most important information I need. I'm quite happy with all the other services regarding phone and broadband. I do not require the TIVO box and services provided from it anymore.

Thanks

Mack

0 Kudos