Menu
acapulco
Joining in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling Sky Sports after season ticket expires

My Sky Sports Season Ticket expires 10.6.2015 so I just called customer services to give one months notice of terminating the Sky Sports Service and the £7 HD subscription as I assumed that Sky Sports and the HD subscription would continue as on a normal monthly subscription after expiry of the Season Ticket.

They've told me that I have to telephone on the day of, or day before,  expiry to terminate and that I don't have to give a months notice.

Does this sound OK?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling Sky Sports after season ticket expires

Hi acapulco

Thanks for your post regarding the notice period for cancelling your Sky Sports subscription.

You have been correctly informed regarding the current process.  In Customer Services, package removals can still be made on the day providing you've been subscribed to them for at least 30 days already.

In other departments this ruling is different so I appreciate you wanting the clarification.

If you call in on 150 from a landline or 0345 454 1111 when you wish to remove the premium channels then you can absolutely do this on the day. Don't forget though, that there are many other fantastic sporting events on the Sky Sports channels after the end of the football season, including The Ashes, FIFA Under-20 World Cup, Formula 1, and the Australian Open, to name but a few Smiley Happy

You can also check out what's on on the Sky Sports website here and if you currently use our Sky Sports App via a mobile or tablet you have access to great content on the go too!

I hope this has answered your question and thanks again for posting .

Have a great day Smiley Happy

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Karen_A wrote:

Hi acapulco

You have been correctly informed regarding the current process.  In Customer Services, package removals can still be made on the day providing you've been subscribed to them for at least 30 days already.

I suggest that the one line devoted to the question amid the lengthy advert for Sky Sport is still ambiguous and unclear.

I think what acapulco wants to do is give a period of notice to terminate the service rather than being tied to having to do it on the last day when he might be otherwise engaged or even forget. What he has previously been told certainly makes no logical sense - a straight answer is required without a run down of SS services - thats the whole point - hes cancelling them.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

spell wrote:

Karen_A wrote:

Hi acapulco

I suggest that the one line devoted to the question amid the lengthy advert for Sky Sport is still ambiguous and unclear.

I think what acapulco wants to do is give a period of notice to terminate the service rather than being tied to having to do it on the last day when he might be otherwise engaged or even forget. What he has previously been told certainly makes no logical sense - a straight answer is required without a run down of SS services - thats the whole point - hes cancelling them.

As someone in the same situation as the OP, I don't see what the the problem is. 

Providing the initial 30 day period is over, which will be the case for all of us with the season ticket, then simply cancel on or before your season ticket will expire.

I have a note in my diary to cancel on the 25/05, the day after the final Premiership fixtures. As above, and it has been clarified previously, no notification period is required so it will be cancelled on that day when I call. When the OP decides to call will depend on there being any other fixtures that he wishes to view and only he can decide that.

The removal of the notification period is an advantage.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi spell

While it is technically possible to do this, it causes complications.

To work around this, we currently have no package notice period other than the required initial 30 days.  Anything above that can be removed on the day.

This may change in the future of course and if it does, all customers would be notified in advance.

Thanks 

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
acapulco
Joining in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to all for your input.

I was just concerned that the Customer Services lady might have advised me incorrectly and that I 

would end up liable for a further months rental to pay on the Sky Sports and HD package when I phone up on

expiry date of the Season Ticket

I too have the date marked on my electronic calendar and am not too concerned about having making a further phone call.

0 Kudos
versiongirl
Joining in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

So much for a Season ticket!  Ours ran out yesterday, so we had to cancel or pay nearly £30 to watch the last week of the season.  

Apparently it was our fault for calling too early.  We didn't want to miss out on the offer and had no idea it was fixed for 10 months from the day it was activated.  If you buy a season ticket for a club, you don't miss out on the final game because you paid early.  This is very poor communication from Virgin, at no point was I told to call back nearer the start of the season or I would miss out!

Feeling very disappointed and let down.  They've raised a complaint but if it's anything like the one for the speed of our Broadband, we might hear from them in 12 months.  If I didn't dislike Sky so much I'd be leaving completely.  

0 Kudos
rps1013
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I understand your frustration however, the season ticket was clearly marketed as 10 months for £150 rising to the normal price after this promotion or until cancelled.

If it was specifically the premier league and playoffs you were interested in then perhaps a more cunning approach to the commencement of your season ticket would have been called for.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

versiongirl wrote:

So much for a Season ticket!  Ours ran out yesterday, so we had to cancel or pay nearly £30 to watch the last week of the season.  

Apparently it was our fault for calling too early.  We didn't want to miss out on the offer and had no idea it was fixed for 10 months from the day it was activated.  If you buy a season ticket for a club, you don't miss out on the final game because you paid early.  This is very poor communication from Virgin, at no point was I told to call back nearer the start of the season or I would miss out!

Feeling very disappointed and let down.  They've raised a complaint but if it's anything like the one for the speed of our Broadband, we might hear from them in 12 months.  If I didn't dislike Sky so much I'd be leaving completely.  

Why was it poor communication from Virgin? The information from Virgin on the launch of the Season Ticket was clear that it was for ten months so I, like many others, bought it late July, knowing that it would expire late May. It didn't take a maths genius to work out the right time to purchase it.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

versiongirl wrote:

Whilst I have sympathy with this, personally I always find it best to ask questions and clarify things if you are uncertain on the wording.

I ordered my Sky Sports season ticket to expire the day after the Championship play-off final.

0 Kudos