Menu
lucyyloo90
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled package and been charged a bill

Im a bit confused and wanted to check this was right... i rang virgin and the person unfortunately was confused them self and couldn't help and was bit disappointed really with the service.

I rang on the 8th of August providing more than 30 days notice to notify virgin that i was moving house on the 30th of september and to cancel the service. I was informed my last bill would come out in August. My bill came out the 22nd of august , however i then also got charged on the 22nd of september £66. When trying to clarify if this was correct i was informed i had a refund of £48 but could not explain the differences in values? or confirm whether i was suppose to have payed in september as i had previously been informed i wouldn't?

Any help would be great! 

Lucy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled package and been charged a bill

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you have decided to leave Virgin Media. Is there anything we can do to change your mind?

When you give your 30 days notice to disconnect, the account will continue as normal until the disconnection date. This means your billing cycle will also continue as normal. 

On your disconnection date the services will stop and a final bill will be produced a few days later. This will include any refunds, adjustments and charges. If the overall amount shows as a charge, you'll need to make this payment via a credit or debit card as soon as possible. If there is a refund showing then we will send you a cheque for that amount. 

As well as the final bill, you will receive some packaging to return any equipment you have. There will be instructions on how you can return this to us in the pack. 

I really hope you do re-consider leaving us and if there is anything else we can do for you, let us know.

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos