Menu
miggiwoo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation

Have just rang to give 30 days notice to leave Virgin.
Have priced up BT and is a lot cheaper.
If I had any problems joining BT, could I un-cancel my notice to Virgin within 30 days and stay on my current package?
Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation

You'd be better overlapping the 2 services for say a week.

Its easier to cancel a cancellation than to get service reinstated

miggiwoo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.
Have only ever used Virgin, for over 20 Years.
Had just been given a cheaper price for what I thought was my same package but after checking my new contract email, it apparently isn't. Have had my old V+ box omitted.
Have priced up BT which would be cheaper but just worried about changing over and if I decided against BT I could stay with Virgin ( within my 30 days notice given)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Your V plus box wont be on any new contract as they are basically obsolete.

You need to work out what you are actually being offered against what the new supplier is offering...

And if you decide to change, overlap the two to allow for any mess ups...

miggiwoo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have had a disconnection email and also a text saying that I can keep the equipment ( Tivo and V+ boxes) in preparation for my services being disconnected next Month.
If I did decide against joining another Company for whatever reason, could I contact Virgin Media and expect to reinstate my package?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What should happen -

If you decide you want to stay up to your disconnection date- cushty, they will stop the disconnection.

If you beyond the disconnection date and decide you want VM back, it will be more complicated. You will likely be sent a NEW quicksart pack, which will include a HUB3. You will be on a new contract, with a new minimum term, unless you opt for one of the new 30 day rolling contracts.

What WILL happen, as with most ISP's, depends on how efficient the guy/gal on the other end of the phone is. If you want some free advice, deal ONLY with onshore retentions, as your situation is more complicated than a straight new contract.