Menu
blackspaven
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can you view freeview only on a second box?

Read years ago that Virgin made a freeview only box, is there still an equivalent service/product? I live in a dead spot between Hannington & Crystal Palace so would have to spend a lot on getting even freeview up & running, everyone round here pretty much has Virgin or Sky because of it. :0/

Just want, at most, a one of payment to use my virgin cable to get freeview channels in another room and refuse to pay a monthly premium for what everyone else gets for nothing.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can you view freeview only on a second box?

Sorry, no such product.

Even the most basic multiroom box comes with a monthly charge of £6.50 and delivers the same channels as your primary box.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you have Virgin phone and broadband you could get a box on the M package that is nearly the same as freeview, there is no monthly fee as long as you continue with phone and broadband

0 Kudos
blackspaven
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ah, yes, I have everything bar mobile phone and was on the M package but they had to upgrade me to whatever the minimum is for Tivo... which I was ALSO had upgraded for free after about three senior engineers couldn't get the tv guide to work properly in my house! :0D

So do you know if I can have it with whatever it is the Tivo required minimum is, and what do I have to do to get it? Is it ONLY on the M Package?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can you please be clear?

You currently have TiVo and you want a second box?

0 Kudos
blackspaven
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, currently have Tivo downstairs (as well as full phone & broadband package), but would like just bog standard freeview upstairs via Virgin as it's really hard to get it where I live with an aerial. Some sort of one off payment, set top box like you can buy in asda for pennies but working through the virgin cable.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

blackspaven wrote:

Sorry, currently have Tivo downstairs (as well as full phone & broadband package), but would like just bog standard freeview upstairs via Virgin as it's really hard to get it where I live with an aerial. Some sort of one off payment, set top box like you can buy in asda for pennies but working through the virgin cable.

That service is not offered, the best you can get is an extra box at £6:50 per month

0 Kudos
blackspaven
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, unfortunately, that ain't gonna happen for something that I should be able to get for free. :0(
0 Kudos